Newest Review: ... felt fully acclimatised, especially after another copious dinner at the Scapolatiello. * Ravello and Atrani * The next morning we heade... more
Amalfi coast-is it heaven?
Amalfi Coast (Italy)
Member Name: katie29
Amalfi Coast (Italy)
Disadvantages: i cant live there
**** Amalfi Coast (Italy) ****
I was lucky enough to spend some time here when i was on a school trip a few years ago and i have to say it was amazing!!!
My first impressions of this was that it was like stepping back in time.Until the last century the Amalfi coast could only be reached by sea and you can see that the place itself is very traditional. Buildings tend to be old fashioned and the road is really narrow in places.I would suggest going there by boat as it can be quite scary going round in a bus that takes up the whole road.(well more scary than the normal "driving" that takes place)
The coast of Amalifi is made up of several places Positanto, Praiano, Furore, Grotta dello Smeraldo,Amalfi, Atrani, Ravello, Minori, Maiori, Cetra, Vietri and Salerno. Most of these places are rather small but it is defiantly worthwhile visiting them all.
Most places have somewhere to eat and buildings to visit , it goes without saying that Amalfi has some of the best lemons in the world and you can pick up some very nicely decorated bottles with lemon juice .They are also very often used in pastry.
The views are amazing and i would suggest taking a camera with you.
I am not very sure about places to stay as i just visited that area for a day and i would also suggest leaving young children at home as there is not much for them to do (plus you would have a much better time :-) )
Summary: nicest place in Italy?
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing International
- The Palace of Knossos
- Take a dip at Rudas
- The Alhambra Palace, Granada, Spain
- Saint Peters basilica Rome.
- Granada, Andalucia
- Twinkle twinkle little flies !
- 3 Ancient Greek Temples the best preserved outside Greece.
- Bird poo, cockroaches and bats and in the dark
- Breathtaking stunning views in delightful surroundings.
- Going up in the World.
- Weberwiese (Berlin, Germany)
- Viktoriapark (Berlin, Germany)
- Volkspark am Friedrichshain (Berlin, Germany)
- Barengraben (Bern, Switzerland)
- Saumerez Park (Guernsey)
- Amman Tourist Beach (Jordan)
- Roman Ruins (Jerash)
- Chillon Castle (Switzerland)
- Galeria Krakowska (Krakow, Poland)
- Wuhlheide (Berlin, Germany)