Newest Review: ... the train, or even cycling if you don't live too far away. There are bus stops nearby, although the train station is probably a good 20 - 3... more
They know where its 'at'
Member Name: kirkup_xp
Date: 14/06/01, updated on 14/06/01 (38 review reads)
Advantages: Great day out for the whole family, Discovery and learning while having fun
Disadvantages: Some exhibits cost more, Big queues for some exhibits, Slightly over priced
I was excited about 'Bristol 2000' nearly 5 years ago when i first heard about the scheme and have remained a firm fan since then. The three centres are proving more successful than anyones dreams. Explore, the science centre, is very impressive. It uses computers, hands on exhibits as well as guides to teach you about basic scientific principals as well as have a great day out. Be warned though, some of the more interactive exhibits (namely the simulator and the planetarium) cost more.
Wildwalk (previously called Wildscreen) is an impressive combination of state of the art video projection and nature teamed together to provide a very interesting exhibit which can keep those natrualy minded amused for hours.
The IMAX theatre is, in my opinion, the best exhibit. The films run fairly regularly and it is reasonably priced. Also, the biggest screen in the south west cant be bad. The sound quality is quite astonishing and the bugs crawling accros the lens of the projector all add to the effect.
All in all, a great day out
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Everything An Athlete Could Wish For!!
- Eden project - to visit or not to visit
- Great place to go for a day out!!
- Take the Walk of Faith (Updated)
- National Space Centre - From a School Trip Point of View!
- Much more than just gardens
- National Trust at its Best!
- We have Peregrines in our Cathedral tower
- An oasis in the middle of a building site
- Etal Castle (Northumberland)
- Dunluce Centre (Portrush)
- Berkshire 4x4 Segway Tours (Dinton Pastures)
- Norham Castle (Northumberland)
- Finchale Priory (Durham)
- Carlisle Castle (Carlisle)
- Rydal Mount (Ambleside, Lake District)
- Kingston Lacy (Dorset)
- Great Central Railway
- Charleston Farmhouse (East Sussex)