Newest Review: ... who disliked Shrewsbury; The Giant in question was a Welshman who dug a spade full of soil and planned to dump it into the river seven, flo... more
Member Name: lydebrook
All Other Attractions in Shropshire
Date: 29/06/01, updated on 29/06/01 (38 review reads)
Hawkstone Park is a half hour drive north of Shrewsbury, located in English Heritage grounds. There is a large hotel and two golf courses in the centre of the park but for most the major attraction will be the Follies where the Chronicles of Narnia were filmed.
The Follies are a historic fantasy world of cliffs, caves, grottoes and secret tunnels. If you take the magical Mystery Tour you will be told to expect a three hour wander - it will most a little less than that I expect but it will be very magical.
One of the many places said to be the final resting place of King Arthur, it was visited regularly by the Duke of Wellington and it's not difficult to see why.
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park (Belfast)
- Sandsfoot Castle (Weymouth)
- Edlingham Castle (Northumberland)
- Berkshire 4x4 Segway Tours (Dinton Pastures)
- Norham Castle (Northumberland)
- St. Paul's Church (Covent Garden)
- Waterfront Hall (Belfast)
- St. Anne's Cathedral (Belfast)
- Queen's University of Belfast
- Stormont Government Buildings (Belfast)