Newest Review: ... smaller children. It has a lockable gate which means no kiddies can go wandering off which I think is a fantastic idea. The river Wytham r... more
Member Name: rachshikari
Attractions in Grantham
Date: 20/11/08, updated on 13/04/09 (46 review reads)
People that live in this town say that there is nothing to do and in a way there isnt, not for young people. No wonder the crime rate is getting quite high.
Either way, Grantham is a very historical town with the likes of Margret Thatcher and Issac Newton both coming from/living in Grantham.
There are lots of things to visit if you are interested in history such as Margrets house, the statues in the town centre, various walks on the outskirts etc.
There is also a selection of shops here but I wouldnt reley on getting anything in your size or reley on getting what you want here as all the shops seem to be shutting down after a very short period of time!
We have all the basic shops such as wilkinsons, woolworths and WHSmiths but nothing worth shouting about really. Its best to go to the closest cities such as Lincoln or Nottingham whcih asre easy to get to by train or bus.
We have a good selection of supermarkets however, boasting a 24 Hour Asda, a morrisons, Sainsburies, aldi, lidl, Tesco Express and of course lots of little bakeries and grocers around the main market place.
Grantham also has two main parks, one called Whynda park and the other called Dystart park. Both at separate ends of the town but rather big with lots of play attractions for children. I wouldn't recommend going to them at night howeve as lots of teenagers hang out there and sometimes cause trouble.
Grantham also boasts a leisure centre with gym, pool and activities such as Karate, yoga, step aerobics etc, also has a creche.
Theres is also a football stadium that hosts an athletics club weekly and activities in the bar.
A bowling alley is also in town, with a kids play zone next door.
Summary: I live here, im biased
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Science made fun!
- Don't get caught dropping your trousers
- Ear wax is more appealing!
- I went to Wentworth
- Hotel A La Fort.....
- Castle with a view
- We have graffiti in our church
- Cragside, full of technology, nature and history a National Trust Gem!
- Fishing in the Sky
- Beautiful castle on the Isle of Wight
- Ulster Flying Club (Newtownards, County Down)
- Watersmeet House and Tea Garden (Lynmouth, Devon)
- Kennet and Avon Canal Trust JubileeTrip (Newbury, Berkshire)
- Southwold Pier (Southwold, Suffolk)
- The Church of St Michael (Framlingham, Suffolk)
- Jack the Ripper Tour (London)
- Canons Ashby House (Northamptonshire)
- Lyveden New Bield (Northamptonshire)
- Foxton Locks (Leicestershire)
- Rushton Triangular Lodge (Northamptonshire)