Aylesbeare Common RSPB Nature Reserve (England) Reviews
Description:You can enjoy a walk along firm paths over quiet heathland here and have a chance of seeing Dartford warblers and ... more
Aylesbeare Common RSPB Nature Reserve (England) ... stonechats in summer. The woodland fringes, streams and ponds abound with butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies. Stay late on a summer evening to see nightjars at dusk.
Newest Review: ... ancient. Forming part of the East Devon Pebblebeds, a massive desert river laid down huge deposits of rounded pebbles over 200 million years ago. These pebbles (known locally as 'pobbles') can be seen at the sides of the paths on the common. The best time to visit the common is spring or summer. It's then that the flowering plants will be at their best. Two common plants dominate the heath; ... more
Customer Aylesbeare Common RSPB Nature Reserve (England) Reviews (1)
by - written on 10/11/09 (Very useful, 98 readings)
Heathland is one of the rarest and most spectacular landscapes the British Isles has to offer. We have unfortunately lost over 80% of this special habitat in the last two hundred years, but the remainder makes up over 20% of the total remaining healthland in the world. As is the case which much of the countryside, the residual heaths are under threat from mismanagement and conversion to other uses. In our crowded islands, there is always pressure to convert heathland to farmland or space for housing. We are fortunate that some of our heaths are controlled by conservation bodies such as the National Trust and the RSPB, so hopefully protected for ... Read the complete review
Products Similar to Aylesbeare Common RSPB Nature ...
Broadstairs (Kent) - Got characteristic, Beautiful town Bit too old
Cotswold Wild life park (Burford) - All day family fun Price
Powis Castle (Powys) - Lots to see and do; well-written guides to each room Disappointing facilities; sometimes intrusive room guides
Highnam Woods RSPB Nature Reserve (England) - Gorgeous ancient woodland with special animals and birds None.
Point of Ayr RSPB Nature Reserve (England) - Miles of golden sandy beaches, fantastic for birds in winter. None.
Angle Tarn (England) - Stunning views, a place of intense peace A long climb! But you get what you pay for, I suppose
|More products in Sightseeing National|
All these and are taken from reviews of the dooyooCommunity.
|Anne Hathaway's Cottage (Stratford-upon-Avon)|
Pretty house and gardens, interesting place to visit
Not ideal for young children
|Yorkshire Sculpture Park (West Bretton)|
introduces sculpture in an unusual way in a fantastic setting
couldn't get that close to some sculptures, not as interactive as I hoped,
|Mad Alice Ghost Tour (York)|
|York Boat Ghost Cruise (York)|
A lovely evening out, sight seeing, stories and a cruise all in one
Slightly more expensive than the walks.
|Attractions in Great Broughton||Mary Queen of Scots House (Jedburgh)|
Nothing for our visit
|Jedburgh Castle Jail Museum|
Good afternoon out
|Bank of Ireland & House of Lords (Dublin)||Trinity College Library & Dublin Experience (Dublin)|