Newest Review: ... down that path, there are various Chinese restaurants, however, once you reach the main part (on the left), there are loads of Chinese ... more
A brilliant Chinese area
Member Name: Laminator123
Advantages: Brilliant atmosphere, great food.
Disadvantages: Not much else other than food
China Town is located around the Leicester Square area. It is a short walk from Leicester Square underground. Just look out for the massive Vue cinema and walk in that direction, past M&M's World, then take the first left where you can see the gigantic Chinese lanterns. If you walk down that path, there are various Chinese restaurants, however, once you reach the main part (on the left), there are loads of Chinese lanterns and it truly feels exciting.
China Town mainly consists of restaurants. Lots of them. Almost too much as it took me ages to decide where to eat. One of my personal recommendations in Golden Pagoda. Food is delicious and they sell all the typical Chinese dishes that are eaten by Chinese people rather than just takeaway style Chinese. Customer service was alright but could be improved.
My advice would be not to eat at a buffet there. I know someone who went to one and apparently the food wasn't great. They tend to be so busy because they make their money from one-time tourists. Judging form the window displays, the choice of food in all the buffets isn't that great anyway.
There are a couple of bakeries and small grocery stores in China town. I definitely think it is worth buying some goods from the bakery. Also, bubble tea is a must-try if you haven't had it before.
You probably can't spend a whole day in China town but it is definitely worth your afternoon.
Summary: Definitely worth checking out
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Vaults, a Graveyard, a Prison and a Super Guide!
- Dressing Wells whatever next?
- Back To The Back To Back Ages.
- Play at being the King of the Castle for a bit!
- Carnassie Castle
- A great afternoon out if you want to jump a little
- A taste of Victorian glamour on Lake Coniston
- Royal Fortress.
- Rennie mackintosh designed a church too
- St Michael's Church (Shirley)
- Derby Cathedral
- A'Mhaighdean (Scotland)
- Mountains of Mourne (County Down)
- Errigal (County Donegal)
- Coventry Cathedral (Coventry)
- Belfast City Sightseeing Tours
- Michael Jackson: The Official Exhibition (London)
- Carisbrooke Castle (Isle of Wight)
- St Mary's Lighthouse (Tyne and Wear)