Newest Review: ... who was Secretary of State to the King for £100. He then adopted the title of Viscount Conwy of Conwy Castle. During the reign of Ch... more
Great family day out
Conwy Castle (Conwy)
Member Name: Storm123
Conwy Castle (Conwy)
Advantages: Lots to learn about
Conwy castle is an amazing place. I always use to love going there as a kid and found it a very exciting place. We used to have family day trips with my parents and grand parents as we used to camp nearby in Colwyn bay.
Just the history of the place and the little town of Conwy is truly remarkable.
It has a feel of authentic medieval Wales. Just standing on top of the castle is great as well as scary because of the height up the tower as you can see for miles around like the Estuary and Snowdonia. Its well worth climbing those winding staircases to get to the top for the view.
Conwy was built by the English king Edward I between 1283 and 1289 to contain the welsh and has lots of history to learn.
You can get to Conwy on the A55 and B5106
You can choose to have a guided tour if you like or walk round at your own pace.
The cost are as follows -
Adults £4.60, Reduced rate £4.10.
Family Ticket:- £13.30 - admits 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16 years.
Opening Hours are as follows -
Last admission half an hour before closing.
1st April to 31st October - 09.00 - 17.00 daily
1st November to 31st March - 09.30 - 16.00 Monday to Saturday
11.00 - 16.00 Sunday
Closed:- 24th, 25th, 26th December, 1st January
Summary: Worth it
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Forgotten fairs and Romans in the mist
- Oxford's Covered Market for your weekly shop - an experience not to be missed!
- The O2 my favourite venue
- A Place of Absolute Peace.
- A jewel in the crown on Anglesey
- An enjoyable experience
- Derbyshire's own Stone henge
- A little gem on the Isle of Wight
- Kilmainham Jail Dublin
- Worth a visit if you're nearby
- Llanberis Lakeside Railway (Wales)
- Church Ope Cove (Isle of Portland)
- Northumberlandia (England)
- Torc Mountain & Waterfall (County Kerry)
- Greys Court (Henley)
- Adventure Island (Southend-on-Sea)
- Rufford Country Park (Ollerton)
- Cox's Yard (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Arundel Castle (Arundel)
- Sherwood Observatory (Sutton-in-Ashfield)