Newest Review: ... with it already being dark. The tour lasts just over an hour and during this hour a friendly guide will take you through spooky tales ... more
Ghost Trail of York - outside the Minster at 7:30pm
Ghost Trail of York
Member Name: minotaur
Ghost Trail of York
Advantages: A good fun hours entertainment
Disadvantages: Not so good if its raining
The Ghost Trail of York is one of many ghost trails in the city. This one starts outside the West doors of the York Minster every night from 7:30 pm. You can not miss the leader as he is always dressed in a victorian black suit with top hat, cane and cloak. The tour isnīt designed to be scary but light hearted family entertainment. The tour walks to 4 differant locations in the city and tells you a loacl haunted tale. I found the trail pretty funny, entertaining and interesting. Its lasts about 1 hour and gives you time to pop into a good loacl pub afterwards. I reconmend doing this as its a cheap hour of something to do in the evenings.
In the summer when I did it with my parents it had a very busy crowd, it was also pretty light in the evening which didnīt quite give you atmosphere. Howere by chance I was in York last year in the Winter for a weekend doing some christmas shopping as decided to go with some freind to show the tour to. Its was cold dark and wet then and the tour was a lot more enjoyable !!
Prices on the spot are about 4 pounds for an Adult and 2 pounds for a child under 16. There are concessions i believe. Also the second time around I was staying in the York Youth Hostel where they sold a discounted ticket for this Ghost Trail at 2.90 for an adult and 1.50 for a child under 16. Quiet a good discount !!!
Summary: Good fun for the family or all ages
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- A must-see attraction on the Isle of Wight
- Wentworth Woodhouse was my home!
- Pavillion Gardens - Beautiful tranquility!
- Sancastle Blackpool-Fab day out for families
- Reflections Of A Garden From All Perpectives.
- Step back in time to experience this great adventure
- Woo hoo what a ride
- The best day out for children (and adult children) in Cardiff
- Beautiful castle on the Isle of Wight
- Fishing in the Sky
- Washington Old Hall (Washington)
- Etal Castle (Northumberland)
- Dunluce Centre (Portrush)
- Norham Castle (Northumberland)
- Kingston Lacy (Dorset)
- Tamar Bridge (Devon)
- The Ginnel (Manchester)
- Mount Stewart House and Gardens (Down)
- Lake Vyrnwy Nature Reserve (Powys)
- Pateley Bridge and the Nidderdale Way (North Yorkshire)