Newest Review: ... with it already being dark. The tour lasts just over an hour and during this hour a friendly guide will take you through spooky tales ... more
Funny, interesting and quirky
Ghost Trail of York
Member Name: Kayteehee
Ghost Trail of York
Advantages: Good actor, informative and entertaining
Disadvantages: Slightly too short
I went on this walk as part of a trip with the Girl Guides who I volunteer with. I didn't quite know what to expect. It started at around 7pm on the Shambles - famous street in York. The Guide was in Victorian costume with a top hat. Right from the start he spoke in a loud and powerful voice. We lined up and gave him our money, (5 pounds for adults and 3 for children under 16) and then he pretended to walk off with it, very funny!
He took us around the streets of York and told us interesting tales in an amusing way. He also at one point pretended to cut into his arm which was quite realistic, and scary and then amusing. There were a few sexual innuendos mentioned throughout which I felt was quite inappropriate considering the audience, however most of the children did not understand the jokes thankfully!
The tales were told in a great way and allowed us to see York in a different light.
The Guide kept up his role throughout and allowed us to take photographs with him afterwards as well.
The downsides I would say are that as it was summer we did this in the daylight, which could be a positive or a negative depending on how you feel about ghost stories! Also I felt it could have been slightly longer - maybe one or two more tales.
Overall though it was a great experience and something different to do to entertain the family.
Summary: Worth doing!
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Great day out
- An Englishman's Castle... and Roman, and French...
- Take time out in Dublin to visit this place
- Where The Morning Glory Shines Around The Door
- Why do people want to feel scared?
- Starting the Year on Top of the World - Well England at Least!
- Church Ope Cove, Isle of Portland
- Not Just For Bird Watchers
- Watch Gannets Soar and Puffins Plummet
- Northumberland's New Lady
- Sywell Aerodrome (Northampton)
- London New Year's Day Parade
- Dunvagen Castle (Skye)
- Womack Staithe (Norfolk)
- Horsey Wind Pump
- Hack Green 'Secret' Nuclear Bunker (Cheshire)
- Blencathra Mountain (Lake District)
- Scafell Pike (Lake District)
- The YellowDuckMarine (Liverpool)
- Logan Botanic Garden (Dumfries & Galloway)