Newest Review: ... with it already being dark. The tour lasts just over an hour and during this hour a friendly guide will take you through spooky tales ... more
a spooky night out
Ghost Trail of York
Member Name: barbie84
Ghost Trail of York
Advantages: great fun
The ghost trail of york is a must see trip if you are staying in the area, it is very reasonably priced at just £4 for adults and £2 for children over the age of 3 when we visited. It starts at £7.30 and is run every evening, we went in winter which added to the spookyness of the night with it already being dark.
The tour lasts just over an hour and during this hour a friendly guide will take you through spooky tales of past and present that are sure to have your spines tingling.
I have only been once so far so am unsure of weather the tales are the same each night or if they vary them but the spookyness of the storys was enough to keep you slightly spooked and your nerves on edge without it being too scary, my five year old daughter loved this, i though over an hour would be a bit long for her but her attention never slipped once, although she did jump a few times and clung to my hand very tightly.
Our guide was brilliant he was thourough with details in the stories he was telling and kept all our imaginations running wild for the whole hour, the walk begins at york minster and ends at the shambles, the storys are of ghosts that haunt york, the plague and other spooky reasons that this place has so many peole from the past still roaming around.
I would definately recomend this to anyone as it is a great story weather you are a believer in ghosts or not, it is fun and imaginative.
Summary: a great night out
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- An Englishman's Castle... and Roman, and French...
- Funny, interesting and quirky
- Take time out in Dublin to visit this place
- Where The Morning Glory Shines Around The Door
- Why do people want to feel scared?
- A small castle with lots of history.
- Stone Me!
- A Right Royal Day Out
- Close up fun for all the family
- A hall, a castle and gardens :)
- Llanberis Lakeside Railway (Wales)
- Church Ope Cove (Isle of Portland)
- Northumberlandia (England)
- Sea Life Tower (Weymouth)
- Greys Court (Henley)
- Culzean Castle and Country Park (Maybole)
- Ludlow Castle (Ludlow)
- Bay Island Voyages (Cardiff)
- Castle Howard Statley Home (York)
- Beningbrough Hall and Gardens (York)