Newest Review: ... indoor soft play area, with the usual climbing frames, slides and ride on toys, plus good baby changing facilities. If you are lucky ... more
Real hands-on family fun
Godstone Farm (Surrey)
Member Name: ahornuk
Godstone Farm (Surrey)
Advantages: Can go in rabbit pens and cuddle them. Fantastic outdoor play areas.
Disadvantages: Busy on hot days.
Godstone is so refreshing to visit when you're used to farm parks where you're bossed around, told not to touch anything, and generally nannied. Godstone is much more relaxed, and the children can do what they really want to do, which is touch things, get dirty, and run around without getting under people's feet. The children *adore* going in the rabbit and guinea pig pens to give the animals a cuddle, and stroking the larger animals through fences. Lots of handwashing facilities too.
The outdoor play areas are brilliant, with lots of variety - eg old tractors alongside new adventure play equipment. I have never seen such a huge play area. Natural slopes and hedges encourage hiding and running round games, too.
Prices have risen quite a lot in the last couple of years - in 2006 it is £5.80 per child - one free adult per child.
Take wellies if you're going in spring/winter and there has been rain recently - you can avoid the mud, but it's easier if you don't have to.
The play barn is huge and great, but with such a brilliant outdoor area, it seems a shame to use it unless it is absolutely pouring down.
Summary: Relaxed, hands-on contact with animals and brilliant play area.
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- A "TREASURE HOUSE OF ENGLAND" - THE TREASURE'S OUTSIDE THE HOUSE
- A Little Piece Of History In My Backyard
- I dance naked... apparently
- My favourite place in the world!
- try this for size!!!
- A must see destination!
- For those who have not over indulged the night before!
- A Proper Scottish Castle
- Diana, Princess of Wail's lives here...
- I can see for miles and miles
- Sandsfoot Castle (Weymouth)
- Edlingham Castle (Northumberland)
- Berkshire 4x4 Segway Tours (Dinton Pastures)
- Norham Castle (Northumberland)
- St. Paul's Church (Covent Garden)
- Jackfield Tile Museum (Telford)
- The Long Man of Wilmington (East Sussex)
- Kinneil Estate Park (Bo'ness)
- Caerphilly Castle (Wales)
- Muiravonside Country Park (Linlithgow)