Newest Review: ... and plants but I was so wrong. The whole place is like a huge park filled with vibrant life especially on a sunny day. There were ... more
You would never like it till you go for it
Kew Gardens (London)
Member Name: rrr605
Kew Gardens (London)
Advantages: Soothing, relaxing
Disadvantages: Its no longer free £13.50
Recently wanting to see something different on a sunny day I was told about the Kew gardens at Kew (District Line). Its easily accessible by the underground and after a whooping ticket price of £13.50 I was admitted in. I was quite hesitant thinking that I am going to get bored at seeing greenhouses and plants but I was so wrong. The whole place is like a huge park filled with vibrant life especially on a sunny day. There were a few greenhouses and were a delight to look at being authentic with their very own amazonian sounds
The park itself was massive and diverse from plants all around the world and everybody found an are which they were fascinated. I myself loves the insect eating plants while my girlfriend enjoyed the plants based on the water and lakes. There were places to eat and other facilities dotted all over the garden which was convenient. In addition there were large lakes and small waterfalls which was very soothing to the eye.
One of the best attraction was a man-made rooftop skyline which took us high up and let us walk about to see a panoramic view of the park and the tall trees. Although everyone says it takes 3- 4 hours, I ended up staying about 6-7 hours.
A definite recommend to everyone even those without a green thumb because if this doesnt change your mind nothing will.
Also its very good exercise. Must have walked miles without realizing it. Not bad instead of sitting on the couch on a Sunday
Summary: For a relaxing trip with plenty of fresh air go for it
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Trentham Gardens - WE LOVE IT(A reply to heynonnynonny)
- Silly Fun and Celeb Inspired
- An affordable solution to the West End
- Sir Winston Churchill's personal Kingdom
- You'd be Quackers to miss this tour
- How to waste energy and influence people.
- A blast into the past!
- A stunningly beautiful country house
- Llanberis Lakeside Railway (Wales)
- Mountains of Mourne (County Down)
- Errigal (County Donegal)
- Torc Mountain & Waterfall (County Kerry)
- Greys Court (Henley)
- Dumbarton Castle (Scotland)
- EcoVentures Dolphin Tours (Cromarty)
- Scrabo Tower and Country Park (Newtonards)
- White Scar Cave (Ingleton)
- Viking Coastal Trail (Kent)