Newest Review: ... a 20% discount but also means you don't have to queue to buy tickets. A family of four ticket costs just over £50. There is still a queue... more
Member Name: whatley
Date: 02/06/00, updated on 05/07/00 (25 review reads)
Advantages: Good Views
Disadvantages: Bad Views
Before you get the wrong impression from my tone, I should point out that the end product is actually quite entertaining. However the combination of circumstances leading up to and during my experience put a slight damper on my centrifugal adventures. To begin, we had purchased our tickets in advance and so, as can be expected had no idea what sort of atmospheric conditions we were to encounter. It wasn’t the weather that was bad – in fact it was one of the hottest days of the year to date. The problem was the plague of any major western city, Smog. So there we were on the London Cataract. The view was very limited after a distance of about two miles to the north and since there is nothing to the south of any interest at all, I was a little bit bored. So bored in fact that I began to find the wheel's structural achievements rather interesting. The staff informed us that we were to wait about half an hour but after waiting for this length of time anyone with a grain of sense would have assumed this statement to be a cunning fib – it was clearly about two hours wait.
We struck a deal with one of the panicky stewards who at the time were fending off verbal assaults from several irritatingly loud-mouthed tourists. The next one and a half hours was spent a short walk away in Namco playing video games and drinking beer.
We were allowed entry on returning and began our sluggish assent pleased to have finally made it aboard. All in all it was not bad however make sure of a clear day for best results. If you can’t afford the wheel there is a cheaper alternative – Simply find a garden with a greenhouse, put on a nice warm jumper and stand in it looking at old London postcards for about forty minutes.
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Great British Institution
- National Space Centre - From a School Trip Point of View!
- Much more than just gardens
- National Trust at its Best!
- Not your usual kind of batteries!
- We have Peregrines in our Cathedral tower
- An oasis in the middle of a building site
- The beautiful Osborne House
- Amazing Day Trip for all the Family!
- My Favourite of the Three Graces
- Attractions in Ripon in general
- Church Ope Cove (Isle of Portland)
- Northumberlandia (England)
- Dorney Court (Windsor)
- Sea Life Tower (Weymouth)
- Radipole Lake Nature Reserve (Weymouth)
- Attractions in Morpeth in general
- Attractions in Rothbury in general
- Attractions in Holy Island in general
- Attractions in Gateshead in general