Newest Review: ... a 20% discount but also means you don't have to queue to buy tickets. A family of four ticket costs just over £50. There is still a queue... more
135 Metres Tall - The Biggest Of Its Kind
Member Name: hotrock4
Advantages: Great Experiance
We recently visited London and decided to include the London Eye as part of our visit. We booked on-line before we left because we got discount by booking in advance. The total cost of one ticket for an adult was £15.75.
The London Eye definately looks the part of something that was built to symbolise the start of the new millenium. It is the tallest observation wheel of its kind at 135 feet tall providing excellent views of up to 25 miles across the Capital.
The London Eye is very easy to get to on public transport with Waterloo tube station being very close by. Once arriving at the eye you are required to go to the ticket office which is the opposite side of the walkway from the wheel itself. We had a short queue here wating to hand in our booking confirmation and get our tickets. Once we had tickets we proceded to get on the wheel, again there was a short queue to get on but we waited less than five minutes.
When your pod comes around you board the London Eye and it takes approximately 25 minutes to complete a full revolution. The views from the top are excellent being able to see the OXO tower Big Ben, Tower Bridge and even Windsor Castle on a clear day. Inside each pod there is a bench able to seat most of the 15 or so people that were present in each one on our visit.
As a general rule of thumb through the year the London Eye is open from 10am - 9pm each day, and i would say it is definately worth a visit if your ever in London.
Summary: Great idea
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Castle with a view
- louis tussauds a fun afternoon
- The beautiful and magical gardens of the new forest
- crathes castle
- Aira Force - Magnificent Scenery - Great Place
- Gets you in the Christmas spirit.
- Let's Talk About Glasgow!
- The Family Home of Anee Boleyn
- Leaving for Leven
- We have graffiti in our church
- Llanberis Lakeside Railway (Wales)
- Church Ope Cove (Isle of Portland)
- Guide Friday Open Top Bus Tours (Llandudno)
- Renishaw Hall and Gardens (Renishaw)
- Applecross (Wester Ross)
- Northumberlandia (England)
- Torc Mountain & Waterfall (County Kerry)
- Greys Court (Henley)
- Longshaw Lodge Estate (Sheffield)
- Bempton Cliffs Nature Reserve (Bempton)