Newest Review: ... a 20% discount but also means you don't have to queue to buy tickets. A family of four ticket costs just over £50. There is still a queue... more
Member Name: mod%tod
Date: 08/07/00, updated on 08/07/00 (13 review reads)
Advantages: well worth the money
Disadvantages: Need to book to avoid disappointment of not getting on.
British Airways (THE LONDON EYE ) OPEN 8AM-9-30PM Embankment/Waterloo/Charing Cross tube the south side of the Thames at Waterloo.Rides last half an hour
(Its basically a a giant ferris wheel ) when you first get to the london eye the first thing you notice is the size its big and I mean big in the shape of a giant bicycle wheel the second thing you notice and not many people realise this is the speed that its travelling at, it is slow, so slow that you can walk onto it and fill a carriage which holds about 30 people whilst it is still moving.
The journey takes about 30 minutes and the views are spectacular, Big Ben will never look the same again. You have to have patience though because of the speed the wheel travels but the sights make it all worth it. I fully recommend it but don't forget you have to book to avoid disappointment!!!
The wheel is very easy to find its along the Embankment on the Waterloo side, you cannot miss it, ITS BIG. If you don't go along to ride it go along for the sheer spectaculism of the architecture, it looks like we did it right this time, as long as it doesn't fall down like the Millennium Bridge .... oops and disappoint like the moneyless Millennium doom oh I mean Dome - visit it its a must.
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Had a pretty good time actually
- A Different Dome
- People should appreciate Hyde Park more!
- modern not always better
- A must-see attraction on the Isle of Wight
- Woo hoo what a ride
- The best day out for children (and adult children) in Cardiff
- Beautiful castle on the Isle of Wight
- Fishing in the Sky
- Church Ope Cove (Isle of Portland)
- Ascott House Gardens (Wing)
- Northumberlandia (England)
- Dorney Court (Windsor)
- Sea Life Tower (Weymouth)
- Radipole Lake Nature Reserve (Weymouth)
- Jackfield Tile Museum (Telford)
- Kinneil Estate Park (Bo'ness)
- Caerphilly Castle (Wales)
- Muiravonside Country Park (Linlithgow)