Newest Review: ... tickets which were quite expensive and then joined the queue to get on. Waiting to get on felt like ages as the queue felt like it went... more
And I'm scared of heights!
Member Name: lillyburn
Date: 08/07/00, updated on 08/07/00 (18 review reads)
Advantages: The technology, the views
Disadvantages: possibly the queuing
What a challenge! A visit to Kew Gardens or the London Eye. I chose the Eye. Still can't believe it. Me who can't even think about going up high without coming out in a cold sweat.
Standing there looking up it was unbelievable - like something out of a science fiction film. And high, high , high.
I scrutinised everyone who came off; yes all smiling; no one looked ill or green.
I squinted up to the cars above; no one screaming to get out; no one clawing at the windows. BUT......
I've been fooled before (remember that fairground ride they all said was a piece of cake and I was sick from the top to the bottom?) HOWEVER....
What was I worrying about? The views were wonderful, the Eye itself a miracle of technology and the height.....Yes high, but so smoothly done, so slowly executed it was a piece of cake!
- Cherryburn (Stocksfield, Northumberland)
- Montgomery Castle Ruins (Montgomery, Powys)
- Castle Menzies (Perthshire, Scotland)
- Acton Scott Working Farm (Church Stretton, Shropshire)
- Waddington International Airshow 2012 (Waddington, Lincolnshire)
- Spitbank Fort (Portsmouth)
- Blackpool Illuminations (Blackpool)
- Brighton Palace Pier (England)
- Graves Park (Sheffield)
- Nottingham Castle - Museum & Art Gallery (Nottingham)