Newest Review: ... while I was there but it sounds impressive. Next to the big Arena is the Indigo O2 which is a smaller venue which holds 2,400 people an... more
Member Name: tigriff
The O2 (formerly the Millennium Dome)
Date: 18/07/00, updated on 18/07/00 (4 review reads)
Advantages: No long queues
Hyped beyond belief!!!
I suppose the only reason that there is to visit the dome amidst all the negative publicity is that it is only there in its original form for a year!! It probably is worth going just to say you have been, but I would never go again.
The Dome is over-priced, over-hyped and over-funded!! The Body Zone was the biggest letdown for me as I was looking forward to visiting this!
My favourite part of the day was the Millenium Show, although I did like the Rest Zone. A couple of points in favour of the Dome, though: there is plenty to do when you are there and there are no long queues to wait in!
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Engineering feat, shame about contents
- Millennium Groan
- Fantastic idea. Shame about the execution!
- Oxford Covered Market
- Eden Project - St Austell, Cornwall
- How to waste energy and influence people.
- A blast into the past!
- Portchester castle - a lovely historical day out
- For those who have not over indulged the night before!
- A Proper Scottish Castle
- Washington Old Hall (Washington)
- Berrington Hall (Shropshire)
- Attractions in Arundel in general
- Attractions in Sutton-in-Ashfield in general
- Cleethorpes Pier
- Rufford Old Hall
- Churches in Cannock in general (Cannock)
- Kingston Lacy (Dorset)
- Attractions in Gateshead in general
- Attractions in Paignton in general