Newest Review: ... in the Stretford End before it became compulsory to have all-seater stadiums, but that's not what I'm here to review anyway. What I can t... more
The theatre of dreams!
Old Trafford (Manchester)
Member Name: D-RAY2000
Old Trafford (Manchester)
As a Manchester united fan living in Scotland I rarely get the chance to visit Old Trafford (otherwise known as the theatre of dreams) these days and recently when the chance arose to go and watch them play Celtic in the champion's league, I jumped at it.
Having lived in Manchester for a good few years I had paid many a visit to the stadium but had not been there in nearly 6 years and it took my breath away as much on this visit as it did on the first time I went there.
This giant stadium known as the theatre of dreams after Sir Bobby Charlton nicknamed it that is a sight to behold indeed and the atmosphere generated inside it on a champion's league night is second to none in my opinion.
If you cannot manage to get tickets to go and see man utd play then there are plenty other opportunities to visit the stadium and if you are a fan you will enjoy their tours and taking a trip through the museum.
During the tours you even get a chance to run out the tunnel onto the amazing pitch and the sight of the giant stadium wrapped around you will live with you forever, I had this opportunity around ten years ago and remember it like it were yesterday.
My night at old Trafford was made all the better by watching Celtic humbled by the mighty Manchester united but had they won lost or drawn it would have been a night to remember!
If you are a Manchester united fan then you must try to one day catch a game at this amazing stadium even if it means going to a carling cup game and watching a much smaller team be demolished it will live with you for life and even if you are just a football fan in general you will take something from a visit here!
Summary: A must visit for united fans and football fans alike!
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- Eye spy...
- A lovely day out on the little trains of Wales!
- Fancy Visiting a Mansion?
- Wade Out To The Fort .... Only Available Once A Year...
- Bradford Cathedral
- Portchester castle - a lovely historical day out
- For those who have not over indulged the night before!
- A Proper Scottish Castle
- Diana, Princess of Wail's lives here...
- I can see for miles and miles
- Doon Castle (Loch Doon, Ayrshire)
- Calda House (Sutherland, Scotland)
- George Stephenson's Birthplace (Wylam, Northumberland)
- Cherryburn (Stocksfield, Northumberland)
- Montgomery Castle Ruins (Montgomery, Powys)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (Anglesey)
- Valley Wetlands RSPB Nature Reserve (Isle of Anglesey)
- Lotherton Hall and Bird Garden (Leeds)
- Puffin Island Pleasure Cruise (Anglesey)
- Varrich Castle (Scotland)