Newest Review: ... direct or even catch a bus for less if this easier to you. The M40 and A46 junctions are less than 1 mile away from the entrance and it ... more
Warwick Castle - A fantastic day out !!
Warwick Castle (Warwick)
Member Name: elliesmom2010
Warwick Castle (Warwick)
Advantages: A full and active day.
Disadvantages: A long walk from the car park
Warwick Castle was always the favourite place to visit when my girls were young and living only 40 minutes away meant we could visit often.
When you arrive there is ample parking in one of the many car parks and you then walk around the outside of the castle to the entrance.
Inside the castle you are hit by the stunning beauty of the extensive ground and gardens. You stroll along to the castle and in 'The Kingmaker'
where you wonder through various scenes of waxwork figures depicting the activities and life during the times of King Henry VI.
From there you walk through the underground dungeon which clearly show the shackles in the wall used to chain people in a torturous way.
Once outside a short climb of the stone steps will take you to the ghost tower from where you have fantastic views of the castle grounds, .... a brilliant photo opportunity.
For me the best part of the visit is walking around the stunning state rooms, inside the castle itself, showing the beautiful costumes and the lavish fabrics and furniture of the times.
Bank holiday weekend visits are highly recommended as they have a fantastic show of jousting, archery and a falconer showing his spectacular birds of prey. There is also a variety of other activities all depicting medieval life which you can become actively involved in........ the kids love it !
All in all Warwick Castle, in my opinion, is a fantastic day out for people of all ages. Take a picnic and sit amongst the peacocks in the stunning grounds or have a hearty meal in the castle's restaurant......you won't be disappointed!
Visit : www.warwick-castle.co.uk for opening times, entrance fees and directions.
Summary: A great place to visit !
More reviews in the field of Sightseeing National
- A must see attraction of dublin
- The underground haunted city
- A walk or a garden- this is both
- Takes as long as you want
- A Trip Into Another World
- National Space Centre - From a School Trip Point of View!
- Much more than just gardens
- Not your usual kind of batteries!
- My Favourite of the Three Graces
- We have Peregrines in our Cathedral tower
- Etal Castle (Northumberland)
- Dunluce Centre (Portrush)
- Edlingham Castle (Northumberland)
- Berkshire 4x4 Segway Tours (Dinton Pastures)
- Norham Castle (Northumberland)
- Hatchlands Park (Guildford)
- The Vyne (Basingstoke)
- Uppark (West Sussex)
- Lanhydrock (Cornwall)
- Cotswold Falconry Centre (Worcestershire)