Newest Review: ... and skiers in the beginner to "good intermediate" range. There are a few black runs and some off piste to keep the advanced sk... more
Member Name: nobby108
Advantages: Great resort, efficient lifts and a wide variety of runs.
Disadvantages: Not perfect for advanced skiers
The 3 villages of Flims, Laax and Falera have a combined ski area that caters for pretty much all tastes. It's particularly suited to boarders of all levels (there are great parks with pipes etc) and skiers in the beginner to "good intermediate" range. There are a few black runs and some off piste to keep the advanced skier amused, but they will inevitably find themselves repeating the runs a few times unless they're happy to use some of the harder reds as well.
The lifts are highly-efficient; only some of the most basic runs for beginners have drag lifts, everywhere else used gondola, cable car or chair lifts. On the longer and more exposed chair lifts, you even get heated seats in addition to the plexi-glass covers to stay out of the wind.
Those who need lessons will be extremely satisfied with the levels of the ski school. They are particularly good with children and all of their groups are single-language. I have visited the resort 3 times and used a variety of instructors for both myself and my daughter; all have spoken excellent English.
Summary: Best for intermediates, beginners and boarders
More reviews in the field of Ski Resort International
- Do different runs every day!
- Argentiere ski holiday!
- Villard de Lans- ski-riffic
- Hardcore terrain followed by hardcore nightlife...
- Looking to get away from it all - go to Murren in the Swiss Alps - peace on eart ...
- The fantastic spaghetti fields of Livigno Italy!
- Levi, Lapland: The most magical place on Earth.....
- All together now... well, sort of
- Not without its challenges -you will have to push yourself