Product Type: Wahl Slow Cooker
Newest Review: ... contains a black, non-stick cooking plate inside that has circular spaces to hold up to seven eggs at a time. Above this is a clear, h... more
Makes great boiled egs within minutes.
Wahl ZX642 Egg Boiler / Cooker
Member Name: MamaC
Wahl ZX642 Egg Boiler / Cooker
Advantages: Small procuct which is easy to store & cheap to run
Having a total of 4 of us in the house I find that we consume a rather large quantity of eggs within a week. The kids love to eat them for breakfast, but I always find it a little tedious trying to cook them prior to going to school as we're always in a bit of a rush. My friend recommended this egg boiler to me, say that you can just pop the eggs in and walk off and leave them whilst the machine does the rest. I'm very glad to report that she was spot on.
We all like our eggs pretty much cooked in the same way so this makes life a lot easier. With this egg boiler comes a fab little measuring cup and the instructions tell you exactly how much water to put in depending on how you like your egg to be cooked i.e. 4 eggs equally soft.. It's practically idiot proof.
It's built quite well and will probably last you a good few years if you maintain it well. Cleaning it is pretty straight forward and any cooked egg that's retained on the non-stick plates can be cleaned up very easily once the product has cooled down.
IMPORTANT: Your eggs will need piercing prior to inserting them in the boiler. There was a small gadget that cam with the boiler, but I appear to have lost it, so we just use a sharp pin.
Don't store your eggs in the fridge. The do tend to cook better when they are at room temperature; I've learnt this by experience over the years. Once you've poured in the required amount of water the red indicator light on the front will let you know when it's reached its cooking temperature- usually in about 2 minutes. You then simply lift the transparent oval lid and gently insert your eggs into each egg holder. You can cook a massive 7 eggs all at once. When the eggs are cooked you'll soon know about it as the boiler lets off quite a loud tone.
I'd definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to cook a perfect egg without too much hassle - it's also a very healthy way of cooking them and an added bonus is that it's guaranteed for two years.
Purchased from Amazon for £9.95 including delivery.
Summary: A must have for perfect eggs everytime.
More reviews in the field of Slow Cooker
- This product is all rice!
- Slow cooking when your at work
- cooking on gas!!!
- Slowly Going Greek
- Be Oriental
- Slowing things down in our fast paced modern world
- Great slow cooker from Morphy Richards.
- Cooking for the price of a light bulb!
- Best appliance I have bought in years!
- Does what it says on the box
- Breville RC3 Family Rice Cooker & er
- Shef Premium Halogen Oven
- Tefal RK701115 4 in 1 Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer
- Swan SC35A Slow Cooker
- Asda HSC20 Slow Cooker
- Lakeland Stain-Proof Microwave Multi Steamer
- Swan SF20010CDWMN 1.5 Litre Rice Cooker & Sushi Maker 500Watts
- Swan SP17020N 11 Litre Capacity 3 Tier Steamer 8 Programmes
- Elgento E14018 30cm Electric Wok Glass lid with steam release vent
- Elgento E14019 6 in 1 MultiChef 1300Watts 5Litre Capacity