Product Type: Tefal electrical appliances
Newest Review: ... plate that is covered in Teflon and is used to cook the meats. There is a small (2 or 3mm) ledge at the edge of the hot plate to stop the ... more
Tefal Raclette - great for a small dinner party
Tefal Raclette 78214
Member Name: adamp84
Tefal Raclette 78214
Advantages: Easy to use and clean, something a bit different
Disadvantages: Quite small
I was first introduced to raclette grills by my grandparents about 10 years ago. They brought one back from France and it was a great, fun gadget for dinner parties. I got one of these Tefal raclette grills as a wedding present 3 years ago.
This raclette essentially has two parts:
1) the lower part is essentially an electric grill under which you can put up to 6 triangular shaped dishes. In these dishes you would typically put vegetables, potatoes, etc (anything you fancy really) and top it with cheese which will melt as it grills - be careful not to fill it up too full as there is not alot of space between the top of the dish and the grill element, fill it too full and you burn the cheese!
2) the top part is essentially a hot plate on which you can grill pieces of meat or seafood.
I think this is a great little gadget for a dinner party, its different and interesting and gets people talking. Its great with friends as it can make a nice extended meal as you cook your own food over time. In my opinion this works best with small pieces of meat or fish, trying to cook larger pieces will 1) take a long time 2) not leave very much space on top!
The raclette isn't that big, its meant to be for 6 people but realistically you wouldnt want to have more than 4 people using it. Any more than 4 means there is little space to cook meat or fish on the top of the grill. Its about 30ish cm in diameter to give you a feel for the size. It is also electric so you will need a power socket nearby or an extension lead.
Its easy to use, literally just plug it in and the heating element heats up. There is no switch so you need to unplug it or turn off at the socket. Its also easy to clean, as this is from Tefal its all teflon coated which makes cleaning it easy. The top grill comes off to wash, not sure if this or the individual triangular trays are dishwasher safe as i've always washed them by hand just in case.
Conclusion: The raclette makes a great dinner party, its a talking point and you can make dinner relaxing and take your time over it. This particular raclette is ideal for 4 people, you would be pushing it to use it for 6 people. It is easy to use and clean so gets a thumbs up!
Summary: A great way to have a different dinner party
More reviews in the field of Kitchen Appliance
- Kenwood KM283 Prospero
- Kenwood FPM260 MultiPro
- Morphy Richards 48702 Sear & Stew Slow
- DeLonghi EO12001W Mini
- Panasonic SDZB2502BXC Automatic
- Morphy Richards 48822 Soup Maker
- Swan SF19010CDWMN Ceramic Tagine
- Kenwood AT502 Major Flexi Beater Attachment
- Kenwood AT501 Chef Flexi Beater Attachment
- Kenwood AT444 Chef Potato Peeler Attachment