Product Type: Apple Smartphone
Newest Review: ... touch detection system making it a lot easier to get that perfect snap. As always Apple slapped a new processor into the 4S making it consi... more
My video phone...........
Apple iPhone 4S 16 GB
Member Name: Frannybooboo
Apple iPhone 4S 16 GB
My phone is CONSTANTLY glued to my hand!! For one reason or another (dropping it in water, standing on it, dropping it on the ground, dropping it down the toilet or simply an upgrade of my contract) I never kept a phone for long and have always been eager for my next phone as I get bored far too easily! And for a while I felt the same with my iPhone 3G...until... I realized how I missed having the use of a video function, a flash on my camera, bluetooth and many other simple features that really the 3G SHOULD have had... I mean... the simplest of phones have had the very same features for a long time!
"LET ME UPGRADE YOU"
So FINALLY the time came to upgrade, now as I said before, I get bored of phones very easily and wondered if perhaps this new model would be too similar to my old one. But I know a good thing when I have one, so I tried my luck at the risk of regret and got the new iPhone 4S.
But what's the difference?
Well in summary 3G stands for 3rd generation while 4G stands for 4th generation and 4G speeds are much faster compared to 3G - I'm sure there's a much more technical explanation out there for you somewhere but that's my basic dummy understanding.
Now onto the differences that made me a happy bunny once again (and a few bits I'm told are different that really.... I wouldn't even know what they are)!
* It has a "dual-core A5 chip" ....moving on....
* Not only can you get the phone in black...but white too... now this DID make me happy, however, when it falls into my make up bag... I'm not so happy
* The shape is slightly different - a flat back and squoval in shape
* You can use your voice to send messages & set reminders... this is AMAZING... more of a novelty thing but right now... I am loving it!
* My 3 megapixel camera has now upgraded to 8 (yipeeee) this feature is probably the one that is the best for me. The more technical upgraded camera features are:
Backside illumination sensor
Front camera with VGA resolution
* A video.... with the facetime function meaning you can video call other facebook users by the simple click of a button!
And lastly something that doesn't make me happy... the price... but I supose you get what you pay for!!
CALLING ON THE iPHONE:
The calling feature is very easy to use. When you click the little green phone icon it comes up with the options:
* Favorites: You can mark any of your contacts as favorites meaning that it is easier than scrolling through all of your contacts to find your favorite people! Just like a speed dial!
* Recent: With options two options - all or missed it's simple to find who you have ignored, missed or called in the past couple of weeks. When you are on the all option the numbers that have called you will be highlighted in red and there will be a little number in brackets to state how many times they or you have tried to call. If you click on the arrow next to the name it will give you more options including: text, share contact, add to favorites and will show the outgoing and incoming calls to that number.
* Contacts: This is pretty self explanatory - a list of the contacts you have saved into your phone! You can edit your contacts to ensure you have adequate information to get in touch with the person.
* Keypad: Again, self explanatory a load of large buttons you can touch to call whoever you like!
* Voicemail: Once click of this tab will call straight through to your voicemail...no fuss!
* Facetime... as previously explained... a video calling function between iPhone users.
TEXTING ON THE iPHONE:
I am a terrible texter, I am forever getting text messages and forgetting about them and not replying, the iPhone makes it alot harder to forget!!! The texts show up most recent first but will record your whole text history like MSN messenger so you always know who text last... this makes it alot easier to remember!!! You can also text whichever way you turn your phone (besides upside down!) So if you turn your iPhone to a side your keyboard has much bigger buttons!
THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT:
There really is an app for everything...I think one day our iPhones will be able to cook and do our laundry for us!! I think the oddest app's I have come across are the hand warmer(?!) talking hippos! X-rays and Lie detectors - whatever next! My favorite apps are eBay (make listings on the move and as long as you don't want to set a reserve price and you are on auction starting at 99p it is free to list!) Voucher cloud (coupons on your phone - I think so far I have saved around £60 from this app so well worth downloading as it is free!) Paypal (easy way to receive money!) and I also have all my topshop, H&M argos, missguided apps!! And of course angry birds - maybe to most addictive game EVER!
*********TO SUM IT UP:************
My moans have been eliminated ... I am now a happy iPhone user!
I really would recommend this phone to anyone, I am team iPhone all the way and don't think I will ever sway!! Anyone that is debating whether or not to join, I suggest do it! I hope you enjoy the review, feel free to ask any questions.`