Product Type: Blackberry Smartphone
Newest Review: ... it is by far the best phone I've had to date. In terms of style, it is miles ahead of its rather stodgy Apple competitors and the abili... more
Hasn't lived up to it's reputation
Blackberry Torch 9800
Member Name: jellymonty
Blackberry Torch 9800
Advantages: silky slider, high resolution screen
Disadvantages: low battery power, keypad stiff
I got the Blackberry Torch 9800 as a birthday gift and needless to say I was so excited as I had never owned a Blackberry phone before. But after owning it for a few weeks I become very disappointed as I was not happy with the overall functionality. Here's what I loved about the Blackberry:
1. It has a nice silky slide pad which makes it so sexy and appealing. I like that you have the option of either using the touch-screen or you can just use the slider to navigate your way around.
2. Screen resolution is fantastic with an inbuilt memory of 8GB and you can use up to 32 GB if you insert a memory card.
3. It has a 5MP Camera and video camera which produces excellent quality pictures and the video records do come out very nice. You can also edit your videos to make them look more appealing and professional.
4. The applications are great and its easy to download new Apps and you can store as many as 1,000 Aps which is cool.
5. If you buy the phone on contract most providers give you free internet and unlimited downloading and you can also catch live events and pretty much do what you would normally do on the internet on your computer.
What I didn't like:
1. Battery power too weak - I had to charge the phone everyday even if I didnt use it for the day. The battery power just drains out so quickly.
2. A bit too big to carry around - As a mobile phone you want something that fits in your pocket or handbag but I found the phone to be too humongous for my pocket and if I had to carry it in my bag, I'd have to get a bigger bag!
3. Constantly reloading Apps.. That was the worst bit.. Every time I set up an App, I use it for the day and the next day I have to reinstall it again. I thought it may have been the phone provider but its the actual devise!
4. I didnt like the keypad.. the keypad is too stiff.. I had to be pressing the letters several times before it came up on the screen.
Would I recommend you to buy it? No, I think it was just too much hype and the hype doesnt live up to the phone. I'll stick to the iPad, thank you.
Summary: Not as great as its made out to be.