Product Type: HTC Smartphone
Newest Review: ... to the lens, the Samsung is so much more better. The internal memory of the HTC One S is 16GB however another downfall is that you c... more
OK phone, overhyped
HTC One S
Member Name: hansbloom
HTC One S
Advantages: screen, camera
Disadvantages: storage, battery
OK, I had high expectations when I moved from Apple to Android.. and tbh I am mostly disappointed. I wont go too much into Android here, but I expected it to be better overall.
First the good points:
- nice big screen and apparently scratch resistant.. but see below.
- thin case, which fits nicely into jeans pocket
- good camera with full HD
Now the cons:
- battery life: terrible. Even with a smart battery management app I barely get 1 day out of it on light use. I always have to manually switch wifi back on.. never had these issues with Apple.
- cracked glass: bought it specifically for the gorilla glass. Then had it in my pocket with wallet and keys and the screen cracked. HTC does not offer the same parts replacement service that Apple does.
- time to charge. Four hours or so is too much. Apple takes about one hour!
- no storage extension: I record my camera videos in 1080 HD and ran out of storage space too quickly. No good.
In summary a good phone, but not great. I wish I had bought a iPhone5 or waited for the Galaxy S3.
Summary: ok phone, but not good enough to compete with iPhone
More reviews in the field of Smartphone
- A sexy SIRI spices up this sophisticated and fun bit of kit
- Fantastic smartphone
- My most amazing phone yet
- Hard to see myself without an iPhone ever again.
- Great smart phone with a reasonable price
- Broke after a week, not a very good phone, especially for the price
- Smart looking phone.
- I phone 4s
- Good entry level smartphone but very flawed
- Blackberry torch