Product Type: Jordans Snacks
Newest Review: ... through until home time. The box is your standard cardboard affair, each with the Jordans logo prominent on the front and then the flavou... more
Get your mouth round a pair of Jordans
Jordans Frusili Bars (in general)
Member Name: fulldonx
Jordans Frusili Bars (in general)
Advantages: Good nutritional vlaues, extremely tasty
Given far too much of my monthly salary was being pumped into the vending machine at work and I was on a bit of a health kick, I decided to make a change to my daily snacking habits. Out went the McCoy's crisps and in came Jordans Frusli bars.
These bars come in packs of 6 and cost around £1.60 from my local Asda store. Occasionally they are to be found on offer in the supermarkets for £1 if you are lucky enough to time it right. My local Asda generally stocks 3 varieties - Raisin & Hazelnut, Red Berry and Blueberry. Having visited the Jordans website, you can also pick up Cranberry & Apple, Truly tropical or even Morello Cherry and Cocoa. I am actually a little bit miffed as the 3 flavours I have been unable to buy so far seem a little bit more appealing!
Anyway, I generally have 1 or 2 of these a day. The first one will be had around mid-morning as an elevenses-type snack. This is ideal as it does not fill me up too much before lunch, but definitely keeps any major hunger pangs at bay.
The second is a mid-afternoon snack just to give me that little energy burst to see me through until home time.
The box is your standard cardboard affair, each with the Jordans logo prominent on the front and then the flavour and a little picture of what is in the bars at the bottom. Each different flavour has a different colour pack which roughly corresponds to the flavour of the bars inside (e.g. red for the red berry flavour).
On the back of the packet is the Jordans mission statement which tells you a little bit about how the company was founded followed by their self-congratulatory boast that their bars contain more frusli than many other cereal bars.
There is also a little picture of the other flavours available in the range...providing your local outlet has a little more variety than mine.
For the eco-conscious, you will be pleased to know that the packaging is made from 80% recycled board with the other 20% from sustainable forests.
I don't really like bland foods, and although I was on a bit of a health kick that doesn't mean I will eat any old tasteless rubbish just to feel better about myself. I am pleased to say that all 3 flavours that I have been able to try have been really tasty. Packed full of wholegrain and really fresh tasting. Each bar is about 20cm long, 7cm in width and about 3cm in depth. Sometimes with these sorts of things they can all taste the same regardless of advertised flavour, but all of the Jordans range is noticeably different. My personal favourite so far is the raisin & hazelnut as the two ingredients work really well together. The raisins taste fresh and juicy and hazelnut complements them well.
All three flavours that I have tried are a good source of fibre and as an added bonus contain no added salt, artificial flavourings, colourings, preservatives or GM ingredients. I am a keen carnivore but these bars are suitable for vegetarians (with the bizarre exception of the Papaya and Pineapple flavour?!)
Each bar contains 117 calories and 0.5g of saturated fat which actually stands up very well against its competitors.
If you are looking to ditch the crisps and chocolate snacks then I would highly recommend you give these ago. They are really tasty, excellent in nutritional value and work out at around 27p per bar.
Summary: Keep hunge rlocked up til lunch....or dinner