Newest Review: ... pool and some of the pool is split up for lane swimming. It is 25 metres long. - The Spa Pool in the Ocean room offers powerful water and ... more
Exerience the 'holiday' feeling all year round
Member Name: emily16022011
Advantages: Relaxing & calmer. Wide selection of facilities.
Disadvantages: Bit expensive
I have been an evening member of Nirvana Spa for a few years and would like to share my experiences with others.
Nirvana is situated between Wokingham and Reading in Berkshire.
There are 6 pools fed with natural spring water.
- The Roman Room is my favourite and we spend most of our time in here. There is a large pool in the middle with sun loungers all the way around it. There are palm trees and large columns, and we often feel as though we're sitting by the pool on holiday when we are there. It is a perfect way to recharge your batteries. The temperate is very warm and there is always a lot of sunlight streaming in.
- The Relaxation Pool - A pool for relaxation and ambiance.
- The fitness pool - This is the largest pool and some of the pool is split up for lane swimming. It is 25 metres long.
- The Spa Pool in the Ocean room offers powerful water and air jets that massage your feet, legs, hips, back, neck and shoulders in 35'c water. There are 53 different 'stations' around the pool. Next to this pool are two plunge pools. These are a cooler temperature and help with circulation and well being after the hydrotherapy pool.
- Flotation Therapy Pool - The spa water contains natural occuring salt that enables you to float on this water, as you would do in the dead sea. I have never experienced this, but understand it is very relaxing.
There are a wide range of treatments provided. You can either pay on top of your membership, or use some of your points that you accumulate each month. I love treating myself to a massage when I am particularly stressed.
The garden cafe provides food and drink. The menu is healthy and delicious. We normally enjoy a light dinner while we are there. They provide a good selection for gluten free diets and are good at catering for other food allergies.
Nirvana is an adults only site.
The spa tepidarium has 34 reclining ceramic loungers that are heated to a temperature of 35'F. This room is kept quiet and is very soothing and relaxing.
There is a gym that I regularly use which has running machines, bikes, rowing machines and weights with TV's and music and windows overlooking the carpark and fitness pool. There are also fitness classes available for a variety of different activities.
We pay £20 each month for an evening membership. So we are allowed to visit once a month, after 4.30pm. Although it is quite expensive if you compare it to a 'normal' gym membership it provides a lot more. As I mentioned before we feel as though we've been on a mini holiday when we visit. Because of other committments we often only stay 2-3 hours, but you could easily stay the whole evening and try all the facilities and really reap the benefits. I go with my mum and its a perfect time for us to catch up with each other and have some 'me' time. I can also take a guest along for an extra charge.
The staff are very helpful and friendly and you feel a valued customer there.
I would recommend this to anyone for themselves, or possibly for a gift for a relative or friend.
Summary: A brilliant way to relax and unwind.