Product Type: Birds Eye Spices & Seasoning
Newest Review: ... a photograph of of the peas on the front of it and we are told that they are Birds Eye 'Field Fresh' Petits Pois and then on the back of... more
As healthy as they are tasty
Birds Eye Garden Peas
Member Name: huggy2009
Birds Eye Garden Peas
Advantages: Healthy, tasty and great value
Peas have a bad reputation, from the old Spitting image sketches of a grey John Major only eating peas because he was perceived as dull, they have been viewed as a boring easy part of a meal. But in reality they are an easy part of a dinner, but an incredibly healthy easy part of the dinner.
As a frozen food they offer a huge variety of iron, vitamins and minerals which have been kept perfectly due to their frozen nature.
The Birds Eye Peas are wrapped in a green bag with the Birds Eye wording and a nice picture of a bowl of peas, its appealing and looks great.
Available in all major supermarkets and many local stores, it is a really popular brand which sells well everywhere.
480g - £1
900g - £1.64 (Or two for £3)
These prices are current at Tesco Superstore.
There are 62 calories in each 100g of the peas this is pretty good as a whole 480g bag would have less than one quarter of your daily calorie intake, you could never eat this many so can feel safe in the knowledge that a good portion of peas is simply very good for you. There are also 0.77g of fat per 100g.
How to use them:
Personally I use them in a wide variety of meals, with roasts, with sausage, mash and gravy, in Paella, in a tuna and pulse pasta, and also with gammon and chips or fishfingers and chips. It is a lovely fresh healthy tasting part of a meal and always feels fresh and as if it is adding to your health. They are part of your five a day and contain no artificial ingredients.
I can only whole heartedly recommend these as they are healthy, good for you. Taste fantastic and are an adaptable part of any dinner.
Summary: As healthy as they are tasty
More reviews in the field of Spices & Seasoning
- Not Quite As Nice As Birds Eye!
- Too many Plum related Puns!! Just don't be snooty about the packaging, try these ...
- Mr Mash
- BBQ beans
- Low fat choices
- Not as good as traditionally prepared mash
- They Are What They Say On The Packet.
- Napolina tins of tomatoes
- Chick Peas? Yes Please!
- Cheap chopped tomatoes...... best for popping in with other ingredients!
- Schwartz Hot Chilli Powder
- Seeberger Pumpkin Seeds Roasted Salted
- Mintons Good Food Cashew Nuts
- Schwartz Shepherds Pie Mix
- Schwartz Slow Cookers Chicken In Red Wine
- Knorr Basis For Traditional Noodle Casserole
- Knorr Basis For Traditional Juicey Meat Mix
- Knorr Basis For Spaghetti Carbonara
- Knorr Basis For Pasta Asciutta
- Knorr Basis For Serbian Rice Meat