Product Type: Intersnack Spices & Seasoning
Newest Review: ... because the box looked good, the image of the food looked tasty and it told me that the flakes were already put into servings. It looked... more
Mr. Mash is my man!
Member Name: emmacuf
Advantages: Quick and easy to make.
Disadvantages: Not as good as the real thing but nearly there.
After recently giving birth to my second child I get very tried very easily. Come half 5 in the evening I'm ready to be going to bed myself. But I've still got a long evening ahead of me. Needing to prepare dinner for my 2 year old I really have no chance to put my feet up and watch a little bit of TV.
I usually purchase smash, which overall is the best instant mash about. But after popping into my local Asda I found then that they had Mr. Mash on offer instead. Priced at only £1 for 3 sachets which makes up to 15 servings but when you've only got one little mouth to feed I find they go slightly further.
Mr. Mash is a great convenient way to make a quick easy dinner for my daughter. Chicken dippers, Veg and mash always goes down a treat and only takes minimum amount of time to make.
Mr. Mash tastes great and is very easy to make. In 5 quick as easy steps you can also have great tasting mash.
- Pour a third of a pint of boiling water into a jug.
- Then top up to a pint with milk. (They do state to add in some salt but I prefer not to)
- Mix in the Mr. Mash powder.
- Let the mash absorb the mixture and then gently stir. (If you like it runnier, then add in a little more milk to give it a runnier and creamier taste.)
- Then add in a small amount of butter for extra taste. (I also like to add in a small amount of pepper for extra taste.
We also like to add in a small amount of grated cheese every now and then to make a cheesy mash potato.
It has a lovely creamy smooth texture and when mixed properly you are left with no taste of the fine powder. It doesn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth and doesn't taste full of salt as I have found with own branded instant mash.
The box I purchased included 3 sachets, which have lasted quite a while as I use them to make quick and easy meals after a long day and I physically don't have the energy to make it properly.
The mash sachets come in a box which is recyclable. On the reverse of the box is a recipe which gives you a great cooking idea if you're struggling to know what to have with your mash. The box I currently have has a recipe idea for megasaurus mouse which will cater for up to 4 people. This is a fun way for your children to eat good food. It basically uses the whole packet of mash with sausages placed sticking out of the mash, served with peas and carrots to create a face on the front.
Mr. Mash contains 99% real potato and is low in fat. It's also suitable for vegetarians and is gluten free. It also contains no artificial colours, flavours or added salt unless you add it in yourself.
Overall nothing will beat the greatness of a perfect baked potato mashed up drizzled with butter, but this is a great easy way to make a competitive mash.
Summary: A great quick and easy way to make your mash!
- Preema Saffron Flavouring Essence-28Ml
- White Pearl Chicken Seasoning
- Tropical Sun Oxtail Seasoning
- Tropical Sun Lamb Seasoning
- Rajah Chicken Seasoning Pkt
- Tongmaster Black Pudding Seasoning
- Schwartz For Chef Fajita Seasoning
- Schwartz For Chef Chicken Seasoning
- Schwartz Fajita Seasoning
- Rajah Chicken Seasoning