Product Type: Absolut Company Vodka
Newest Review: ... of origin; Sweden. The vodka itself is clear in colour and the consistency of water. On opening the bottle you will be greeted with s... more
Absolut Pear Vodka
Absolut Pears Vodka
Member Name: bringingsexyback
Absolut Pears Vodka
Advantages: It tastes nice and is good for putting into cocktails
Disadvantages: It is boring after two glasses
WHAT IS IT?
Pear flavoured vodka by Absolut.
This vodka has got a delicate flavour that is very much like pears. It is juicy and sweet tasting just like ripe pears. The vodka is smooth and quite rich but the pear does not do very much to make the vodka soft so drinking it without anything mixed in is not very good but it is hard to find something to mix with it that will not spoil the pear taste.
WHAT I THINK
I have drunk this vodka a few times because my husband was gifted three bottles from a work colleague and he does not drink very many spirits so he gave them to me. It is sweet because of the natural sugar in pears but doesn't taste sugary or sickly. The pear flavour is strong and delicate at the same time and very natural.
I think this drink is a lot better when it is used in a cocktail than as a drink on its own because it is too strong for me to drink without having a mixer drink. It is nice in a vodka martini with lemonade and fresh pear puree or you can try putting it into any cocktail that would usually use plain vodka for a completely different flavour.
This vodka contain 40% alcohol so it is a strong drink that you shouldn't have too much of. I cannot drink more than two glasses of it at a time because it is so sweet and plainly pear flavoured that I get bored of the drink quickly, I like flavoured spirits but prefer the ones that have a mix of flavours instead of just the one strong lone flavour like this pear vodka.
3 Dooyoo Stars.
Summary: I like this vodka but do not drink it very often because it is quite a boring drink
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Hazelburn Directors Bottling Campbeltown Single Malt
- Hazelwood Janet Sheed Roberts 110th Birthday Edition
- Isle of Jura 1976 'Feith A' Chaorainn' Island Whisky
- Imperial Hiram Walker 1970s Blended American Whiskey
- Highland Park 1988 23 Year Old Cask #716 Mackillop's
- Royal Salute 50 Year Old Coronation Cask Blended
- Royal Salute 21 Year Old Diamond Jubilee Blended
- Port Ellen 21 Year Old 25th Anniversary Maltings
- Plantation Barbados 5 Year Old Grand Reserve Rum
- Penderyn Madeira Finish Single Malt Welsh Whisky