Product Type: Absolut Vodka
Newest Review: ... as the vanilla flavour overpowers the strength of the vodka if it was served alone. It can be added to cocktails to offer a sweeter ... more
Absolut - Vanilla
Member Name: Ninski1
Absolut - Vanilla
Advantages: Great taste
Disadvantages: May get you drunk!
Absolut Vanilia Vodka is part of the Absolut Vodka range and is 40% abv (80% proof). The Vodka comes in a clear glass bottle with white writing on the bottle indicating that the vodka is imported and that Absolut have been blending and producing vodka since 1879. Absolut Vanilia is made from natural ingredients, rather that flavouring as is there case with other products on the market. The vodka does not contain any added sugar.
Absolut Vanilia in available in supermarkets and off-licenses and a 700ml bottle can be purchased from Amazon for £19.99 plus £4.95 p & p (October 2012).
The Vodka is not coloured, which is clear from the looking at the bottle. The vodka is smooth to taste, has a nice warming, vanilla, butterscotch finish and unlike some cheaper vodkas does not taste unnatural or of chemicals, the use of real ingredients really does make the vodka pleasant to drink, on its own over ice and if added to a mixer, I usually just use a diet lemonade, it adds a nice addition to the drink, plus it makes it longer. When consumed neat the vodka is good to drink and it does not leave a nasty after taste or make you feel like you are drinking neat alcohol.
The vodka smells full of vanilla and is very rich and creamy on the nose, it has very strong aroma that just makes you want to drink it, but the strength of the aroma does not impair the overall flavour and as you drink it you are treated to warm butterscotch flavours that warm you up inside on a cold day and make you feel a little light headed if consumed in large quantities.
Overall, if you like vodka I would recommend giving this a try, it's a nice twist on a pretty well known brand, it mixes well and can be used in all the usual ways, such as drinking it neat, adding to a mixer or in a cocktail. The price is fairly reflective of other similar brands and the bottle looks good too.
Summary: Interesting flavours, versatile drink
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Raise the dead with the amazing flavour of japanese whisky
- Lime anyone?
- It's frighteningly good!
- Low Flying Dicky Bird
- Glittery gold!
- try it if you like smirnoff, but otherwise ignore
- OK, but you're paying for the name
- The Exciting Vodka!
- an Ok drink but there are better vodkas for less money
- a good bottle to have, versatile as a vodka and makes interesting cocktails
- Uitvlught Demerara 1993 Rum 18 Year Old 2011
- UF30E Uitvlugt 1985 27 Year Old Demerara Rum
- Mothe VXO Grande Fine Champagne Cognac 1970s
- Millburn 1971 17 Year Old Connisseurs Choice
- Vintage Rye 23 Year Old Straight Rye Whiskey
- Stroh Traditional Plum Schnaps Mug
- Stroh Traditional Fruit Schnaps Mug
- Stroh Traditional Apricot Schnaps Mug
- Reisetbauer Red Williams Pear
- Wieser Raspberry Classic