Product Type: Absolut Vodka
Newest Review: ... as the vanilla flavour overpowers the strength of the vodka if it was served alone. It can be added to cocktails to offer a sweeter ... more
Absolut Vanilla Vodka
Absolut - Vanilla
Member Name: bringingsexyback
Absolut - Vanilla
Advantages: Tastes very nice and is a nice sweet flavour
Disadvantages: It is hard to find what to mix with the vodka
WHAT IS IT?
A vanilla flavoured vodka from Absolut.
The vanilla flavour is strong enough to make the vodka less harsh so I can drink it without a mixer but it is still vodka so is a very strong tasting drink. There's a caramel flavour in the vodka as well and it's nice to find this flavour under the vanilla and actual vodka taste.
WHAT I THINK
I like Absolut Vanilla vodka because it has got such a nice sweet flavour. It's hard to mix because the vanilla taste is overwhelmed by strong mixers, I tried it with orange juice once but that covered the taste of the vanilla completely. Coca Cola is nice mixed with it but not Diet Coke because that gives the vanilla a funny taste. Plain mineral water takes off the heat of the vodka and makes a nice long drink with ice.
It has got 40% alcohol so you shouldn't drink too much of it, it is easy to be loose with it though because it tastes so nice. It gives me a very bad headache the next day so I always remember that and never drink enough to get too tipsy. The vanilla flavour gets very rich after two glasses and then I think it gets sickly and that is usually the time when I decide I have had enough and switch to another drink, I like to drink Absolut vanilla vodka with a meal when I am dining out but not with food at home. When drinking it outside the home I have it over lots of ice and allow the ice to melt very slightly.
I like the bottle and it has hardly changed since I first started buying it ten years ago. It was one of my favourites for a few years but now I think it is too hard to mix so do not buy it very often, I like to add it to hot chocolate but that is only when I already have a bottle and would not buy it just for doing that.
4 Dooyoo Stars.
Summary: This is a very nice vanilla vodka
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- A few tricks with double casks gives plenty of treats
- A spirit to make you sleepy, it's white, Russian and can make you creepy....
- Well Gordon, we meet again
- Double Double, Toil and Trouble
- Lime shots
- More fast than sloe!
- Unfiltered but at a price!
- Fantastic tasting vodka!
- Searching for gold
- Yo Ho Ho!
- Bell's British Grocers' Centenary Luncheon Decanter Blended Whisky
- Glenmorangie Rare Edition Port Wood Finish 2x35cl Highland Whisky
- Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12 Year Old Port Finish Highland Whisky
- Bowmore 10 Year Old Provident Mutual 150 yrs Ceramic Islay Whisky
- Bell's Christmas Decanter 2010 Arthur Kinmond Bell Blended Whisky
- Balblair 1975 2nd Release Highland Single Malt
- Auchentoshan 1957 50 Year Old Sherry Cask #479
- Ardmore 25 Year Old 51.4% Speyside Single Malt
- Tosolini Grappa Tocai en Susino Barrique 1996
- Tobermory 1972 6 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice