Product Type: Bacardi Rum Range Vodka
Newest Review: ... £16-£18. As with most rums, there is a white blend and a dark blend. The white blend is crystal clear in colour and comes in an icon... more
Bacardi Carta Blanca
Member Name: deborahw91
Bacardi Carta Blanca
Advantages: Commonly available, makes a nice change from vodka, versatile
Disadvantages: Slightly bland
Bacardi is one of a few drinks that I switch between when I'm out drinking with friends; I occasionally also buy it from supermarkets and off licenses, although this is becoming increasingly rare. There are a number of positives about Bacardi as a drink.
Firstly the taste is quite nice; it's fairly inoffensive and is quite bland in comparison to dark rums, and I would usually choose a dark rum over this but that is just a case of personal preference. It's a nice drink. It is also versatile; it is a key ingredient in some cocktails and can also be mixed with cola or other soft drinks. This versatility is very appealing; although it is less common in cocktails than, for example, vodka, it is still used sometimes and can even replace vodka for more interesting variants.
Another bonus is that it is widely available. Bacardi is stocked in most supermarkets and often available at pubs and bars. This means it is useful as a drink to acquire a taste for as you can just resort to it when you fancy a rum. The packaging is sleek, smart and distinctive; the branding for Bacardi has created a relatively distinctive image which is easily recognisable.
However, as I've already mentioned, it is a lot more bland than other rums and I wouldn't choose it over Captain Morgan's or Sailor Jerry's if I'm drinking purely for taste reasons. If I'm on a night out where I want to get drunk but don't want the hangover that vodka entails, Bacardi is a great option.
Summary: Where has all the rum gone?
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Let me Introduce You to my Friend Ron
- A good quality vodka
- ~Not To Be Drunk Straight!~
- Blue Gin?
- 'Value' vodka of no value
- Christmas Isn't Christmas Without Jack Daniel's
- It isn't Gordon's anymore!
- The Secretive Grouse.
- Great Tasting, Reasonably Priced Single Malt
- delicious- but only because I didn't have to pay for it
- Gerasdorfer Raspberry Schnapps
- Gerasdorfer Apricot Schnapps
- Domaine de Cassagnoles Armagnac 5 Year Old
- Fil'e Ferru Sardinian Grappa Bresca Dorada
- Glengoyne 10 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Chairman's Reserve Rum The Forgotten Casks
- Ben Nevis 10 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Freihof Williams Schnapps
- Gerasdorfer Rowan Berry Schnapps
- Dos Maderas Dos Maderas