Product Type: Bacardi Vodka
Newest Review: ... it with coke which was lovely - the combination reminded me of the vanilla coca cola they brought out a few years ago, but with added... more
A real hearty rum, worth a try... You will be surprised!
Bacardi - Oakheart
Member Name: jlaker1992
Bacardi - Oakheart
Advantages: Great taste, great design on the bottle
Disadvantages: Price ( but I believe it is 100% worth the money )
I have been a huge fan of Bacardi rum for a long time, but I had never come accross this. I first saw this when I was in the supermarket. They had an offer on selected spirits - 2 for £20. I saw the usually white rum Bacardi and noticed this next to it, it looks appealing so I decided it was worth the try at the discounted price. I am so glad I decided to try it because it has become one of my favoutite spirits. Bacardi oak heart is a spiced rum dark rum. It has such a great taste on its own or as a mixer. I will now go into more detail on the product and tell you why I think it's so good!
I paid a tenner for a bottle but it usually is far more expensive and can be as high as £16 for a litre bottle. The bottle which I picked up was a 700ml bottle. The percentage is 35% so it is strong, but not too strong. The bottle is beautifully designed with indentations all over it which give it such a classic look. It looks great in the drinks cabinet and is a different twist to the typical Bacardi look. The reason it is called oak heart is because it is stored in oak barrels. This is supposed to give it a hearty taste or a woody taste. I'm not alcohol expert but I would say this technique is brilliant as its taste is perfect.
Would I recommend it?:
I would recommend this if your a fan of rum or spirits. It's very different to usual dark rum I have tried. It is also very different to other spiced rums such as Morgan spiced. It's very unique and it brilliant with coke as a mixer. You could easily drink this on its own and get the full taste. The colour of the rum looks so amazing. As I said before I am no expert, but this has to be one of my favourite alcoholic drinks. This is well worth the try. I think all people of the age of 18 would like this, it appeals to everyone I know including grandparents and mates in there 20's. it is expensive, but so is all alcohol. I believe it is worth the money! The bottle has lasted me a long time as I only have a drink occasionally. It's perfect on cold nights! Or nights sat in front of the tele.
I can not rate this highly enogh. This is worth a try and I will be buying this again! Even if it is not on offer. I have found a drink here that I really like. I am going to give this product a 5 star review. I genuinely believe it is worth the 5 stars. Thanks for reading my review on Bacardi oak heart'. I hope it has helped you out.
Summary: A brilliant spirit that is worth a go!
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- it's not Gordon's it's mine
- It's that time of the year!
- Berry goodness....sloe style!
- Not so brilliant, typical student drink!! Cheap though...
- High Class Vodka
- Finlandia, the vodka of the Finns
- Pernod - A Drink For Anytime, Any Place Anywhere.
- Cheap and nasty vodka....gets you drunk but its no fun getting there!
- Smirnoff is still ON!
- No reservations here.
- Blair Athol Bicentenary 18 Year Old Sherrywood Highland Whisky
- Bell's Queen Mother's 100th Birthday 8 Year Old Blended Whisky
- Bell's Christmas Decanter 2012 Robert Duff Bell Blended Whisky
- Balmenach 1970 16 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice Speyside Whisky
- Midleton Barry Crockett Legacy Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Centenary Single Malt
- Dalmore 1976 33 Year Old Old Malt Cask #6632
- Dallas Dhu 1977 20 Year Old First Cask #1117
- Craigellachie 1980 14 Year Old 1995 Milroy's
- Cragganmore 1985 26 Year Old Cask #1244+1990