Product Type: Bacardi Rum Range Vodka
Newest Review: ... admit I now rather like it and I even drink it in pubs and so on now! The packaging of this is a long glass bottle with screw on/off cap... more
Ok in small doses!
Member Name: jlaker1992
Advantages: Nice taste in moderation, Great for mixers, Can be good value if you shop around
Disadvantages: Very strong and can cause headaches (drink sensibly)!!!
I have tried many spirits over the years and always hae enjoyed types of rum. Everyone has heard of bacardi rum! but is it any good? I have to say I have always had mixed opinions on bacardi superior. I have always had a bottle of this stuff in the cupbaord and once in a while it comes out. I recently purcahsed a one Litre bottle which was on offer for just under £15. This was a bargain. Bacardi is a white rum which is rather strong on the percentage side, It is 37.%. This means you will recieve a headache if you excessively drink it! I will now go into further details on bacardi and give my opinions.
The size of bacardi bottles does vary from 500ml to 1 litre. I usually purchase the larger bottles as it saves you money in the long run as you get more drink for your money. Usually a bottle of 1 Litre bacardi superior is £18 or there abouts. It is rather expesnive, but your paying for the brand and the high alcohol content per bottle. There have been many times I have seen this product on offer. I suggest you never pay full price and have a little shop around as more often than not you can find this at a discounted price or on offer. I do not think I have ever purchased a bottle of bacardi at full price. I love a bargain and hate spending more than I have too on something thats over priced!
What is it like?:
Bacardi Superior rum has a very strong taste which a lot of people do not like. Many of my friends and family refuse to drink bacardi. I have always liked the taste, but very diluted is how I like it. I usually have bacardi as a mixer with some coke! I always have a lot of coke with it as I feel the full taste isnt very nice. I have tried bacardi neat before and it made me feel very sick and almost put me off bacardi for life! Bacardi can be mixed with so many things. It can also be used in some cocktails. I think Rum is a drink that you need to make your own mind up on. I personally enjoy it in small doses. Bacardi is the nicest white rum I have tried. I have tried Tesco value white rum many times and find it doesnt compete agains't Bacardi white rum at all. I am definately a fan Of this drink. But only in small go's!
This spirit is one you need to try to see if you like. Its taste is very different to other spirits and it has a kick to it. Drink in moderation as too much can give you a very bad headache (which I found out not long ago and I regret badly!!) I am going to give this product a 4 star rating. I believe it to be good, but I can easily drink too much. I recommend that you give this a try if you haven't already, its worth a go.
Thanks for reading my review on Bacardi Superior Rum! I hope it helped you out. Please drink responsibly!
Jlaker1992 - Josh Laker
Summary: A decent Rum which gets lots of publicity
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- A spook-tacular spirit for even mere mortals to enjoy
- Berry goodness....sloe style!
- Not so brilliant, typical student drink!! Cheap though...
- A real hearty rum, worth a try... You will be surprised!
- Is it whiskey or burbon - or is it just "Jack"
- Auchentoshan- you better learn to pronounce it as it's a damm good whiskey
- Sweet, sophisticated and universal
- Great drink but tastes nothing like honey!
- Absolut Citron Vodka - a taste of lemon with some hidden lime
- Mellow lemony Vodka
- Laphroaig 1995 17 Year Old The Whisky Agency
- Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year Old 1970s
- Isle of Jura Superstition Island Single Malt
- Inchgower 1974 37 Year Old The Whisky Agency
- Holey Dollar Platinum Coin Rum Cask Strength
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1975
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1976
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1977
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1978
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1979