Newest Review: ... FLAVOUR This vodka is very harsh and not smooth like Smirnoff or Absolut vodka. It has got a very bitter aftertaste that gives ... more
Member Name: bringingsexyback
Advantages: It is a lot cheaper than Smirnoff vodka
Disadvantages: It is a very harsh drink and not very nice
WHAT IS IT?
Vodka from the Grant's label. It has an alcohol content of 37.5% and is a budget vodka brand with a bottle costing about £8.99.
WHAT CAN I MIX WITH IT?
I drink vodka with either tonic or Coca Cola and lots of ice. The beauty of vodka is that you can mix anything with it but the harsh flavour of this vodka by Grant's means it does not taste very nice with orange juice.
This vodka is very harsh and not smooth like Smirnoff or Absolut vodka. It has got a very bitter aftertaste that gives me heartburn after I have only had one or two glasses of it with a mixer and ice. It does not have any depth to the flavour and it is really for people who are not very bothered by what vodka they drink.
WHAT I THINK
When I drink Grant's vodka it always disappoints me because the flavour is so harsh that it's not an enjoyable drink. I think it is the sort of spirit that younger people drink when they want to get drunk. I measure it out so that I can add lots of mixer and make a long drink out of it but I do not enjoy Grant's vodka at all so do not drink it very often, only when my husband's brother visits because this is usually what he brings.
I sometimes make it taste a bit nicer by adding a layer of sugar to the rim of the glass and then mix it with a strong tasting juice like pineapple juice to take away some of the bitterness of the vodka taste. Sometimes when you read cocktail making guides they tell you you can use cheap vodka to keep the costs down, but I used some leftover Grant's vodka to make a Bloody Mary and it spoiled the flavour altogether and made the drink very harsh tasting. This is what happens whatever you mix this vodka with anything and it makes it a waste of money I think.
2 Dooyoo Stars.
Summary: This is bad vodka and not worth drinking
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Bombay Sapphire Gin
- ~Cheap and Cheerful (after several)~
- ~Drinking The Teachers Spirit~
- The darker side of the spirit world...
- Commerical quality
- Take J&B to your party
- Jewel in the Crown
- Absolut - Mango - an absolute for me!!
- Captain Morgan - Spiced Rum - Spice me all the way to the Caribbean
- Drink Your Life Away
- Laphroaig 1981 27 Year Old Oloroso Sherry Cask
- Kinclaith 1966 16 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label Porsche Cube Blended
- Jameson 7 Year Old 1960s Blended Irish Whiskey
- Jack Daniel's 1981 Gold Medal Tennessee Whisky
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1916
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1917
- Jean Hervé Organic Tequila 100% Agave
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1918
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1920