Newest Review: ... brand was still there though, and so a quality Jack Daniel's product was re-distributed to the masses. In 1956 the company was sold to B... more
Jack Daniels No 7
Member Name: mpamike5
Jack Daniels No 7
Date: 30/12/08, updated on 30/12/08 (86 review reads)
Advantages: Perfect Flavour
Disadvantages: I don't know when to stop
Jack Daniels No7 is my favourite whiskey and in fact my favourite alcoholic drink of all.
Put lots of ice in the bottom of the glass, pour lots of whiskey, give the ice a short roll and shake (careful not to spill any) and sip your way to heaven.
After my meal at Cielo's in Birmingham, they always offer me a free drink, and more often than not it's a Jack Daniels on the rocks. Even though they make it a very very large one, once I have one, I want another.
Jack Daniels is claimed to be the oldest distillery in the USA and the product itself is called a Tennessee Whiskey and not a Bourbon. It's taste is pure nectar, and unlike any other whiskey I have ever tasted. This is down to the fact that every drop is mellowed through charcoal made from sugar maple. Bourbon isn't mellowed in this way, so that's why this is not a Bourbon. Because of it's fermentation process it's known as a 'sour mash' whiskey which does it no justice whatsoever.
Interestingly enough, and maybe it's because I drink it on the rocks, i have never had a hangover if I stick to JD alone.
Apart from drinking it in bars and restaurants, I buy mine at home via the internet (loads of places offer similar deals, so check out the best one at the time of ordering). I usually get 6 x 70cl bottles for c.£105 or c. £17.50 per bottle which last a few months.
Wonderful, so what are you waiting for?
Summary: The best whikey of all
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Girvan 1989 22 Year Old Cask #37533 Berry Bros & Rudd Single Whisky
- Ichiro's Malt MWR Mizunara Wood Reserve Japanese Blended Malt Whisky
- Ardbeg 1975 Cask 4704 Oloroso Sherry Cask Islay Festival Islay Whisky
- Glenglassaugh Rare Cask Series 26, 37 and 43 Year Old Highland Whisky
- E. H. Taylor Old Fashioned Sour Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Alipus San Baltazar Mezcal
- Absolut Orient Apple Vodka
- Absolut Mode Edition Vodka
- Aberfeldy 1980 17 Year Old
- White Horse 1980s Blended