Newest Review: ... brand was still there though, and so a quality Jack Daniel's product was re-distributed to the masses. In 1956 the company was sold to B... more
A Jack and Ginger Beer for me.
Jack Daniels No 7
Member Name: rockinrach08
Jack Daniels No 7
Advantages: smooth, sweet taste
Disadvantages: perhaps a little pricey compared to others
Jack Daniels has long been a favourite of mine. Especially on a night out, whether pubbing and clubbing it with mates or attached to a barrier at a gig, it is the staple of my drinking life.
*Packaging, Brand and Price*
The distinctive Old No.7 logo and square bottle set it apart from other drinks on the shelve and it is widely recognisable for this. It can cost about £25 for a litre bottle and is generally slightly more expensive in pubs so it isn't for those that are trying to cut down their spending. Even though I am trying to cut down on my spending I can't not drink Jack Daniels while I am out, but then I do not go out very often so I think I can give myself this one vice.
*Taste and Mixers*
I find Jack Daniels to be a smooth and sweet Tennessee sour mash whiskey. The after-taste matches this, when some cheaper alternatives leave an taste that leaves one desperate to cover up the taste.
Where possible I have my Jack with ginger beer (not ginger ale). I wish I could articulate just how much I love the taste of this combination. The ginger beer does have an overpowering taste but it is lessened by the taste of the whiskey.
A more popular option is to have a 'Jack and coke' instead, which I have in place of ginger beer if there is none available. I would consider this my second favourite way to have my Jack Daniels but I feel that ginger beer isn't as a sweet addition to the already sweet Jack Daniels. I however don't like the taste of diet coke so I do not have it with my Jack to combat the sweetness.
Of course, Jack Daniels can be enjoyed its own or poured over ice. This isn't for me however.
I was at first a little anxious to try Jack Daniels as I didn't think I would like it having always stuck to vodka beforehand. I didn't have anything to worry about and now I can't drink vodka as I am now completely put off by its taste. I drink Jack Daniels most of the time that I am out now. I think my strongest recommendation would be to try it with ginger beer, especially if you are concerned about diverting from your usual drinks as it does taste more refreshing and as one person suggested to me, 'summery'.
Summary: A glass of jack, a splash of lime and topped up with ginger beer - delicious.
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- BECAUSE SMIRNOFF IS THE ULTIMATE WHITE SPIRIT FOR HALLOWEEN
- A nice smooth vodka
- Absolut Vanilla Flavoured Quality
- Famous for what??
- The best of the cheapest vodkas
- a man's good old friend
- My favourite rum so far! I am in love with the captain!!!
- A Devilishly light but strong whisky
- ''All Treat and no Trick'' in this Danish Spirit
- ''Spook-tacularly'' warming Skåne Akvavit
- Hazelburn 8 Year Old 1st Release Campbeltown Whisky
- Glenury Royal 1971 23 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Glenury Royal 1970 40 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Glenury Royal 1968 36 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Glenury Royal 1970 36 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Cragganmore 1997 Distillers Edition
- Chivas Imperial 18 Year Old Blended
- Caol Ila 14 Year Old 1980s Sestante
- Camus La Grande Marque 3 Star 1940s
- Bunnahabhain 1991 Scott's Selection