Product Type: Smirnoff Vodka
Newest Review: ... I don't like) and tonic (ditto), so it's a versatile option too. ~THE PRODUCT~ The bottle looks classy with it's familiar Smirnoff ... more
Smirnoff Lime Vodka
Member Name: sympatic
Smirnoff Lime Vodka
Advantages: Nice variation
When poured into the glass this looks like any other vodka, a clear liquid and there is no hint that it contains any lime extract in it at all. The advantage with this pre flavoured vodka is you do not need to buy limes and go through the hassle of mashing them up for the juice neither do you need to make sure you have some lime cordial in the house as well, not really significant benefits I know but they are there none the same.
Rather than the traditional red colouring of the label and bottle top the Smirnoff lime viodka has a distinctive lime green screw top and label so it is easy to spot it on the supermarket shelves. Just so you cannot make any mistake there is also a picture of a lime on the label as well.
While the vodka may look no difference in the glass you certainly do notice the difference in smell as there is a distinctive smell of limes when this is poured, this combines well with the alcoholic vodka smell that is rather sharp, you can also taste the lime in the vodka it you drink it neat or over ice as I tend to. The lime flavour is strong enough to still be felt even with a splash of tonic water added however obviously the fklavour does gete a little diluted, however I have also discovered limke flavoured tonic water which I use when making mojito's and when you add this to lime vodka it really does give it a sharp kick.
This is a lovely smooth vodka with a nice consistent taste. It is prioced the same as normal Smirnoff and is
often on special offer along with other spirits. Nice and zesty in taste it will also work well in cocktails that you might want to mix.
Summary: Good flavoured vodka
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- A Devilishly light but strong whisky
- All That Glitters is Gold
- A few tricks with double casks gives plenty of treats
- Square Eyed
- Good Quality Malt - set apart from the others
- Sweet, sophisticated and universal
- Great drink but tastes nothing like honey!
- Absolut Citron Vodka - a taste of lemon with some hidden lime
- Did absinthe send us mad?
- Cherry Heaven
- Mortlach 1991 21 Year Old Sherry Butt #12/943
- Mortlach 1991 21 Year Old Old Malt Cask #9432
- Mortlach 1936 45 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice
- Mortlach 1936 36 Year Old Connoisseurs Choice
- Miltonduff 1969 Sherry Cask Gordon & Macphail
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1951
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1952
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1953
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1955
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1959