Newest Review: ... and design, and reads: "Made using a traditional charcoal filtration method developed by PA Smirnoff, recipe no. 21 was created by P... more
a nice vodka (if vodka can be nice)
Member Name: stacey10304
Advantages: better tasting that other cheaper brands
Smirnoff Vodka is a triple distilled vodka and is 37.5% ABV.
The vodka comes in a tall clear bottle with the red Smirnoff label on the front. The vodka itself is one of the nicer brands, the smell isnt quite as strong and nose burning as some cheaper brands. It isnt a drink I would recommend drinking straight (as with any vodka), vodka doesnt have a particularly nice taste on its own, and doesnt taste of anything other than pure alcohol. Drinking it straight can give you quite an unpleasent burning sensation in the back of your throat and a horrible taste it your mouth. It does taste nice with a mixer however, such as coke or orange juice. This vodka isnt too overpowering and blends particularly well when mixed with other drinks.
It normally retails for around £12-£16 for 70cl bottle, which is quite reasonable for a well known brand, however it can usually be found on offer in atleast one of the supermarkets. Overall it is a nice vodka, however not the best - I do prefer brands such as Eristoff, but I only buy that if I am feeling a bit flush with money.
Summary: a nice vodka to mix with coke
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Vanilla Spiced Rum that took my (Oak)heart!
- Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum!!
- A GODSEND for impoverished students
- Citron (and lime!)
- watch out for black mouth!
- Notes of Bison
- Absolut Raspberry Vodka
- Sailor jerry is rummy!
- Auchentoshan- you better learn to pronounce it as it's a damm good whiskey
- Mellow lemony Vodka
- Bruichladdich 15 Year Old Links - Valhalla
- Bruichladdich 2001 7 Year Old Resurrection
- Bruichladdich 2003 7 Year Old Port Matured
- Bruichladdich Cuvee 640 Eroica 21 Year Old
- Bruichladdich Black Art 3 1989 22 Year Old
- Glenfarclas 1968 Family Casks VI Cask #534 Sherry Butt
- Glenesk Maltings 1969 25th Anniversary Highland Whisky
- Glendronach 1995 17 Year Old PX Puncheon TWE Exclusive
- Glencadam 1978 32 Year Old Sherry Cask Highland Whisky
- Glencadam 1977 34 Year Old Sherry Cask Highland Whisky