Newest Review: ... and design, and reads: "Made using a traditional charcoal filtration method developed by PA Smirnoff, recipe no. 21 was created by P... more
A good quality vodka
Member Name: Frame
Advantages: smooth taste
Disadvantages: Too many will give you a hangover!
Vodka is my drink of choice for a Saturday night on town!
I have been drinking Smirnoff for a number of years and in my opinion its the best mid market vodka. Smirnoff is double distilled and compared to other vodkas its smooth yet sharp. If you aren't familar with vodka its a clear spirit which originated in Russia. As Vodka is a spirit it isn't exactly a light tipple, the Standard Smirnoff alcohol percentage is
37.5% which is pretty strong! Because of its alcohol content its recommenable to drink Smirnoff with a mixer. It's very versatile and goes well with coke, lemonade, orange juice or cranberry juice to name only a few. Smirnoff works great in a cocktail , again there are so many to choose from, and you can mix it with the likes of peach snapps,mailabu and even champagne!For each 25ml serving there is c52calories (more if you mix with a sugary drink) and c1 unit of alcohol. Remember that the government in the UK advises that men should have a maximum of 3-4 units a day and women have a maximum of 2-3 per day.
Alcohol, particularly spirits should be enjoyed un moderation and while I will enjoy 2-3 glasses on a Saturday night any more than this and I will have a hangover the next day !!
In terms of price a 70ccl bottle usually retails around 15 pounds . With regards to packaging Smirnoff comes in a glass bottle with a distinctive red trim
Summary: An occassional treat!
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Vanilla Spiced Rum that took my (Oak)heart!
- Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum!!
- Quality Cognac
- a lovely spiced rum
- do it love it or loath it? I cant decide
- Let me Introduce You to my Friend Ron
- Leaves Me Bitter
- Sailor jerry is rummy!
- Auchentoshan- you better learn to pronounce it as it's a damm good whiskey
- Mellow lemony Vodka
- Littlemill 1992 20 Year Old Liquid Library
- Longmorn 1975 36 Year Old The Perfect Dram
- Longrow 1973 1980s Campbeltown Single Malt
- Longrow 1990 9 Year Old Cask #MM206 Whisky
- Macallan 30 Year Old Sherry Oak Blue Label
- Reisetbauer Red Williams Pear
- Reisetbauer Raspberry
- Red Swiss Stone Pine
- Reisetbauer Fowan Berry
- Holzapfel Black Currant