Newest Review: ... and design, and reads: "Made using a traditional charcoal filtration method developed by PA Smirnoff, recipe no. 21 was created by P... more
For God's sake don't drink it all!
Member Name: Jenkatclaire
Advantages: Mixes well, price
Disadvantages: Still expensive
I started buying Smirnoff when I could no longer stand the taste of cheap own brand supermarket vodkas (don't judge, I'm a poor student...) and have never looked back..
This product comes in different sizes - 35cl, 70cl and 1l mainly (though there are probably other variants). All bottles are in the same style, thick clear glass with a red label on the front with it's logo and some basic information about the product. It's quite a clunky bottle compared to some of it's competitors but this may make it less likely to break when dropped which is always a plus!
I mix my vodka with coke or lemonade and with cheaper brands it would takeover the whole drink with an acrid burning taste and/or make the drink go flat, however Smirnoff is smooth and you can barely taste it sometimes with the right mix. This is good for me as I have never really liked the taste of alcohol (though be careful, if you can't taste it you may be more likely to drink more). My friend does enjoy shotting it or taking it straight in sips and says Smirnoff is much nice for this than other brands of vodka. It also has never made my drink go flat (unless I have left the drink for too long, but that's my own fault)
It is relatively affordable (when compared to other brands such as Absolut and above that, Bellvedere) at about £16 a bottle in supermarkets (and is usually on offer in bigger brances) which makes it that much more appealing than trying to afford a "better" vodka when really they taste much the same.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants a cheaper quality vodka, it mixes well with soft drinks and is is much nicer tasting than cheaper alternatives.
Summary: Great for mixing at parties, just be wary of it's subtle taste!
- Whyte & Mackay 21 Year Old Gold Medallion 1980s Blended Whisky
- Nikka Single Cask Coffey Grain 2000 Cask #231298 Single Whisky
- Ichiro's Malt Double Distilleries Japanese Blended Malt Whisky
- Glenmorangie Lasanta 12 Year Old Sherry Finish Highland Whisky
- Glengoyne 1990 19 Year Old The Whisky Exchange Highland Whisky
- Lochside 10 Year Old Early 1990s Highland Whisky
- Kornog Taouarc'h Trived Bourbon Casks Peated Malt
- Kavalan Solist Vinho Taiwanese Single Malt Whisky
- Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia Platino Tequila
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label Walker & Son Glass Pack