Newest Review: ... and design, and reads: "Made using a traditional charcoal filtration method developed by PA Smirnoff, recipe no. 21 was created by P... more
Smirnoff Vodka Red
Member Name: lorrainek858
Advantages: mixes well with other drinks, tastes quite nice
Disadvantages: very strong when drank neat
I wouldn't really be a big drinker, but when I do I like to mix cocktails and try out new drinks. When the cocktails I am making contain vodka, I always like to buy Smirnoff, as I have tried a range of different vodkas and including Tesco Own Brand (back in my student days) and Vladivar and Finlandia. I would say that Smirnoff is definitely the easiest drank and best tasting.
Smirnoff vodka is owned by a British company, it is sold worldwide and one of the most popular vodka products in the world.
This vodka is triple distilled for purity and to give it a lovely crisp, clean taste. A bottle of vodka is has about 37.5% alcohol, so it is quite strong which makes means that there is a fine line between a few sociable drinks and one too many when I am drinking this vodka. It is always very important to be careful not to exceed your limits when you are drinking this vodka.
I find that this is one of the nicer tasting vodkas on the markets. I dislike the taste of it neat, but in a cocktail or with a mixer it actually tastes really nice in my opinion. This vodka mixes really well with other drinks to make nice cocktails, anything tastes good, from drinks as simple as vodka and orange juice to more complex drinks like mojitos or cosmopolitans.
The thing I like about this vodka is that it does not have a really harsh taste to it and even though it has a bit of a kick to it, it isn't sour or too strong compared to the other vodkas that I have tried.
Price and Availability
You can buy a 70cl bottle of this vodka in Tesco for around £15. This would be one of the more expensive vodkas on the shelf, but in my opinion it is definitely worth it as it is far more easily drank and tastes much nicer than the cheaper brand vodkas.
I think that this is a great vodka, that if drank responsibly and mixed with care, tastes really nice. I find that I can escape the morning after with a little less of a hangover. This is the only vodka on the market that I can drink at the moment and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes mixing cocktails.
This brand of vodka also makes quite a large range of different flavoured vodkas such as cherry, apple, cranberry, vanilla, pear and many more. I quite like the flavoured vodka range and think that they are worth looking out for, especially the apple one.
*also on ciao under lorrainek90
Summary: a decent vodka
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Dead (drunk) men tell no tales!
- Thank you Mr Drum!
- A review from a not great lover of whiskey
- classic pairing with apple juice.
- one of the better cheap vodka's on the market
- ONLY SMIRNOFF VODKA WILL DO FOR ME
- Standard scotch whisky that goes great on the rocks
- Value by name, Value by Nature - An acquired taste
- Darroze Les Grands Assemblages 30 Year Old Armagnac
- Darroze Les Grands Assemblages 40 Year Old Armagnac
- Darroze Les Grands Assemblages 50 Year Old Armagnac
- Darroze Les Grands Assemblages 20 Year Old Armagnac
- Darroze Les Grands Assemblages 12 Year Old Armagnac
- Vedrenne Dolfi Wild Strawberry Alcohol
- Vedrenne Wild Strawberry Liqueur
- Vip Vip Vodka Mignonnette
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1887
- Maison Gelas Armagnac 1893