Newest Review: ... things about the brand. The smart looking bottle is quite unassuming, with a white label with red and gold lettering. It does not lo... more
one of the best tasting vodkas in the mid price bracket
Member Name: clarkjames
Advantages: great value for money and should be more expensive for the price
Disadvantages: none really
Stolichnaya (or stoli) is a vodka that has a mid range price, but a premium taste.
it is one of the vodka's I call 'pure vodka's, where rather than having it's own distinctive taste like Russian Standard (pepper) or Zubrowka (herby/nutty taste) the mark of quality is a total lack of taste- pretty weird paying a premium for even less taste, but if you're used the the horrible aftertaste and burn of cheap vodka then you'll be surprised at how easy it is to drink stoli. Drink it neat and cold and savour the lack of flavour.
If you want to mix it then there are cheaper vodkas to put with some coke, but if you do mix it you will notice the fact your coke tastes as pure and clean as if it had no alcohol in it at all- if you buy it in a bar you might think you'd been ripped off.
The bottle looks great, the gold cap gives a premium feel- all in all a fantastic vodka if you can stretch your budget a little.
Summary: a premium vodka for a mid range price
- Port Ellen 1982 30 Year Old Douglas Laing Platinum
- Rare Ayrshire Ladyburn 1975 36 Year Old Cask #3419
- Rosebank 1990 22 Year Old Sherry Finish Chieftan's
- Port Ellen 1982 30 Year Old Cask #1518 Chieftain's
- Port Ellen 1979 28 Year Old Douglas Laing PLatinum
- Quai Sud Cuba Mix For Customized Rum
- Quai Sud Bois Bandé Mix For Customised Rum
- Liqueurs Fisselier Punch
- Habitation Saint Etienne Hse Hse Cuvée 2007
- Habitation Saint Etienne Hse Coffret Rhum Vieux Agricole Hse Vsop