Product Type: Tesco Vodka
Newest Review: ... is pretty much the standard industry strength for Vodka. It has a white screw top, it's a few pound cheaper than Red Smirnoff, (standa... more
'Value' vodka of no value
Tesco Value Vodka
Member Name: deborahw91
Tesco Value Vodka
Disadvantages: Tastes, looks and smells disgusting
Different occasions call for different types of drinks. A pub lunch in the sun; cider. A BBQ in the summer; a glass of Pimms. A few drinks down the pub with friends and I tend to go for rum or bourbon.
If I'm going on a night out however, then I tend to embrace my inner teenage girl and go for vodka. When I first started drinking, and hadn't quite learnt that you pay for decent quality alcohol, I bought the cheapest available bottle from Tesco a few times. As you might guess, this is not something that I'd recommend anyone else to do, and now that I've refined my tastes, and also discovered that decent vodka does exist, I certainly won't be drinking this again anytime soon!
The positives are that it is cheap... and that's about it. If you mix it with Coke or fruit juice then some of the horror is taken away but it's still a foul drink even when mixed. Taken straight, it tastes disgusting. The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is paint stripper. As well as the awful taste, the packaging is unattractive and incredibly clinical. The 'Tesco Value' design is bad enough on products like bin bags and washing up liquid; it makes this bottle of vodka look more like a cleaning fluid than a drink.
In addition, the after effects are awful. I rarely get hungover but whenever I've drunk this I've woken up feeling lousy the next day. I certainly wouldn't recommend this as a purchase unless you were incredibly desperate.
Summary: Not even worth the cheap price
More reviews in the field of Spirits
- Bowmore 1964 Bourbon Cask Islay Single Malt
- Bowmore 18 Year Old 1950s Islay Single Malt
- Bowmore 12 Year Old 1980s Islay Single Malt
- Blair Athol 8 Year Old Highland Single Malt
- Bladnoch 1992 18 Year Old Sherry Butt #7162
- Glenmorangie 25 Year Old Quarter Century Highland Whisky
- Glenlochy 1952 49 Year Old Old Malt Cask Highland Whisky
- Glenfarclas 1978 Family Cask VII Refill Sherry Cask #590
- Glenfarclas 1957 Family Cask III Cask #2 Sherry Hogshead
- Deanston 1977 35 Year Old The Whisky Agency & The Nectar