Product Type: Thinsulate Sports Clothing
Newest Review: ... a kind of beanie style with a flat brim and the only decoration on the hat was the Thinsulate logo which was on the front of the hat. The... more
Warmth in NYC.
Thinsulate Super Soft Fleece Hat
Member Name: kama0529
Thinsulate Super Soft Fleece Hat
Advantages: Warm. Lightweight. Doesn't leave head sweaty. Price.
Disadvantages: Slightly cotton wool feel.
I've owned a Thinsulate Super Soft Fleece Hat for about the last 18 months. I was visiting New York City in December and I was warned that winters in NYC are often unbearably cold, and with this in mind I bought this hat to wear when I was there. The hat I bought was discounted in my local outdoors store and I paid just £4.15 for it - which I thought was a really great price - although I do see that it is available for even less on Amazon at the moment.
The Thinsulate hat I have is black and if not a hat that would really stand out in terms of design because it is very basic to look at. I am not a great hat lover and so I didn't want anything that actually made a statement, and I was simply wearing it to keep me warm. It was a kind of beanie style with a flat brim and the only decoration on the hat was the Thinsulate logo which was on the front of the hat.
The hat is made from polyester and polypropylene and so it has a slightly cotton wool feel to it that I am not totally a fan of. However, once it is on my head and not between my fingers, the feel of the hats material is just fine. I like the fact that the hat is very thin and so while it is on my head it doesn't feel bulky at all and it also doesn't overheat my head. I do have to say that I was really impressed with the ability of such a thin had to keep my head warm in minus 5 degree temperatures. It also didn't leave my head sweaty and so somehow if still lets my skin breathe under the hat and this contributes to the comfort. I like that this hat also covers my ears and so it keeps my ears warm.
Because the hat is so lightweight, when I decided I didn't want to use it, I was able to just stuff it in my bag and it didn't really take up much room. It also didn't crease. I have only needed to wash this hat once, which I did on a low heat wash, and it washed without any problem with no bobbling or shrinkage.
Overall, I think this is a good quality hat. It's not going to set anyones world on fire, but it will keep you warm.
Summary: It kept me very warm.
More reviews in the field of Sports Clothing
- Joules Byland Quilted Jacket - extra quality easy to see
- First time wearing something 'proper' for swimming in a longgg time!
- Nike Storm Fly Womens Jacket
- Fine for Fancy Dress
- Nike Legacy Ladies Top.
- Berghaus Women's Deluge Overtrousers - keeping dry in typical UK weather
- Travellers friend
- Bright and tight
- M&S Active Performance Thermal Leggings - definitely keep you warm, pity about t ...
- Berghaus Spectrum Gaiter - brilliant piece of kit for winter!
- Craghoppers Corey Full Zip Microfleece Jacket
- Craghoppers Womens Arella Sleeveless Shirt
- Craghoppers Womens Buenos 2.5 Layer Waterproof Jacket
- Dare 2b Kids Posey Ski Jacket
- Dare2b Kids Posey Top Ski jacket
- Regatta Women's Blanche Insulated Waterproof Jacket
- Brasher Kids Adventurer Socks
- Ozzie Kids Lined Splash Suit
- Ozzie Kids Waterproof Splash Suit
- Trekmates Lightweight Silk Glove