Newest Review: ... 100 calories in ten minutes, but if you want an exercise that is more varied then Tae bo is for you. I will put Tae bo's calorie burn in... more
Tae Bo Volume 1 DVD "The future of Fitness"
Member Name: Stemondo
Date: 27/06/02, updated on 27/06/02 (432 review reads)
Advantages: Fun, Fast paced, Energetic
Disadvantages: American vibe
The DVD I bought was the first basic one with an instructional at the end lasting 35 minutes and the basic workout also lasting 35 minutes. To go with this one there are matching DVD's like Volume 2 and 3, then there?s a Abs and gluteus one, a couple of advanced and one for the older generation. The DVD only cost me £11.99 compared to the RRP of £14.99 but I don know whether I can say where from but if I can let me know in the comments and I will put it there. The advantage of the DVD is that you don't have to fast forward or rewind and you can jump to the different parts of the workout.
Anyway onto the content! The instructional bit is very helpful and for some reason you seem to be sweating at the end but not done much. He explains 80% of the moves in the workout in depth and gives you the low down on what to do and what not do. The workout part starts of with quite a lengthy warm up/stretching of about 8 minutes and then progresses from punches, jabs, uppercuts to the harder roundhouse kicks, side kicks and front kicks, with the added bonus of them being mixed together in fast combinations. You may have noticed I said he teaches 80% of the moves, the other 20% are quite a bugger to get your head round when he fly's straight into them with no warning. So it will take a few workouts until you stop standing there gormosly trying to figure out your left from your rights and legs from your arms.
But on saying that I like a challenge and don't want to mess around ages on an instructional. This is what I consider one of the best workouts at home out for the people that like fast paced action and don't like to mess around, but is also for people who go at there own pace and gradually build up to a fast pace. The one bad thing about it is the American vibe in it, after nearly every fast kick session or punch session all the Americans do there usual clapping screaming shouting "Oh yeah" "Come on" yes you may think t
hat is a positive vibe to keep you going but after about the 5th time it really does stat to get a bit annoying. But if you can bear there exaggerated feelings throughout the workout this is one of the best out. Start on this one and work your way up!
I will be soon purchasing Volume 2 if that is anything to go buy so I will update you on that.
More reviews in the field of Sports Equipment
- A Fishing Great Sadly Departs
- Theres Something A Bit Fishy About This!!
- Such an energy saver
- Get The Puck Off Of My Stick
- The Friendliest Club In Town
- Watch out when you sign up
- Be Smart... Save Your Cash!
- Best thing I did buying this
- A great exercise bike (if you get round to using it!)
- Surprised this was a shock doctor mouth guard !