Product Type: Asda Spread
Newest Review: ... right (garlic, olives and lemon juice), it is not an easy balance to reach but Asda does this with its olive houmous. I am officially a f... more
Houmous as the Greeks like it
Asda Olive Houmous
Member Name: Zoekie
Asda Olive Houmous
Advantages: Versatile, tasty and affordable
Disadvantages: Slightly more oily
Houmous is one of those things you either love or you hate. Personally I cant understand how anyone can not love houmous! But houmous has also moved with the times, and these days it comes in various different flavours, and Asda olive houmous is just one of the many varieties available.
It retails in Asda for onlly 98p for a 200g tub, which I think is quite good value. It is of course a little bit more expensive than the regular houmous, due to the added olive flavour.
The ingredients are:
Cooked Chick Peas (42%) (chick Peas, Water), Vegetable Oil, Water, Sesame Seed Paste (11%), Black Olives (10%) (olives, Water, Salt, Ferrous Gluconate), Garlic Granules (1%), Citric Acid, Salt, Lemon Juice Concentrate.
This houmous has no colours, preservatives or flavourings.
This style of houmous is more representative of the way it isserved in Greece, with little pieces of black olive mixed in, and just a slight hint of lemon juice.
The only negative comment I have, is that it was a bit more oily than the regular houmous, but I guess that is because of the added olives, and it was not so oily that it was of-putting.
Definitely a tasty, and versatile little dipper, and is just great with pitta!
Summary: Houmous with a touch of olive and lemon
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Scheibenpflug Cream Honey With Cocoa
- Scheibenpflug Cream Honey With Cinnamon
- Natural Forest Honey From Styria
- Darbo Powidl Fruit Spread
- Darbo Red Currant Strained Fruit Spread
- Bien Manger Quartet Of Jams Set
- Epicerie De Provence Violet Jam
- Epicerie De Provence Poppy Flower Jam
- Confiture A La Lorraine Maison Dutriez Seedless Whitecurrant Jam
- Confiture A La Lorraine Maison Dutriez Seedless Redcurrant Jam