Product Type: Flora Spread
Newest Review: ... so it's obviously not that great for your waistline. All in all, I would recommend this Flora Buttery. Look out for offers, as I see th... more
Member Name: stargirl88
Advantages: Great buttery taste, easy to spread.
Flora buttery tastes just like real butter.
It's definitely my favourite spread as far as the taste goes, but there are other things about it that ensure I buy it again and again.
It's the most easily spreadable butter I've ever used, even straight from the fridge.
It has omega's 3 and 6.
It is more often than not on some sort of offer in the supermarkets.
It's perfect for baking with and cooking with because of its lovely buttery taste and soft texture.
It is suitable for vegetarians.
It is freezable.
And that's to name a few.
Flora buttery comes in a 500ml tub and costs around £1.50 in supermarkets, though more often than not it is on offers such as '2 for £2' and 'B.O.G.O.F' so I'd definitely snap a couple up while they are because even if you don't use a lot of butter/margarine, I mentioned before it is in fact freezable.
It spreads straight from the fridge and you do not need to use much as it has a very strong buttery taste. I'm not usually a fan of toast but I am when I have flora buttery to spread onto it.
It is ideal for baking with also. I do a lot of home baking these days, and because of its 'Rich Buttery Taste' (as they mention on the tub) it makes perfect cakes that taste somehow sweeter but are really nice and light and fluffy.
I sometimes use it for frying chicken with as well, as the chicken really absorbs it and tastes so buttery and delicious - especially good when mixed into pasta!
The nutrition information for this particular product is as follows;
- The first value shown is flora buttery per 100g as is normal.
- Followed by flora buttery per 10g.
- Finally Butter per 10g to show the difference in values between the two.
Energy - 634 calories - 63 calories - 74 calories
Protein - 0.4g - trace - 0.1g
Carbohydrate - 0.6g - 0.1g - 0.1g
Of which sugars - 0.6g - 0.1g - 0.1g
Fat - 70.0g - 7.0g - 8.2g
Of which saturates - 15.6g - 1.6g - 5.4g
Monounsaturates - 19.9g - 2.0g - 2.2g
Polyunsaturates - 34.0g - 3.4g - 0.3g
Omega 3 fatty acids - 6.0g - 0.6g - 0.1g
Omega 6 fatty acids - 28.0g - 2.8g - 0.1g
Fibre - 0g - 0g - 0g
Sodium - 0.7g - 0.1g - 0.1g
Salt (based on sodium) - 1.6g - 0.2g - 0.2g
The only other thing I can really say about this product is that it is a winner. The only bad thing I can find in this product is the fat content, but it's not a low fat spread so it can only be expected.
Summary: if you want a good value, easily spreadable, lovely tasting spread, go for Flora Buttery!
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Strawberry Sugary Spread!
- START SPREADING THE CHOCOLATE NEWS
- A spread with a taste of oranges.
- Salty...yes....creamy....erm no!
- GO NUTS!
- Marmite - lovely on cheese on toast!
- A Taste Of Salmon Without The Fuss.
- Officially the oldest brand - as confirmed by Guinness World Records
- The Bread SPREAD..!!
- Put the spoon down!
- Thursdays Cottage Diabetic Blackcurrant Jam
- Thursdays Cottage Diabetic Raspberry Seedless
- Thursdays Cottage Diabetic Strawberry Jam
- Thursdays Cottage Rhubarb & Ginger Jam
- Thursdays Cottage Organic Damson Jam
- Rowse Squeezable Clear Honey
- St Dalfour Orange Blossom Honey
- Tiptree Scottish Heather Honey
- Tiptree Spanish Citrus Blossom Honey
- Tiptree Tasmanian Leatherwood Honey