Product Type: Gales Spread
Newest Review: ... all the way around to echo the design of a honey barrel. There is a blue lid on the jar and a yellow and blue label on the front. Once ... more
Gales Pure Set Honey
Member Name: xjemloux
Gales Pure Set Honey
Advantages: It's tasty, sweet and smooth!
Disadvantages: The tube when its nearing the bottom
My Dad has always had honey on bread and it has always looked so delicious so the other day I decided to buy myself some.
I picked up a squeezy tub of Gale's Blossom Honey Soft & Creamy. This honey also comes in a jar too like the one above - which I have to admit is the more practical storage option for honey. Gales is written clearly on top of a large yellow flower, the tube is so basic with little info given on it. The back of the tube says 100% Honey and informs us that it is unsuitable for children under 12 months.
The tube has a flip top lid, that can also be screwed off, this enables you to just squirt the honey out. This is a good idea when the tube is full as it squirts out so easily but as you get to the bottom of the tube you have to start waiting for an hour with the tube upside down and wait for the honey to run down to the hole for you to be able to squirt it out without any troubles.
The honey is a light, pale golden colour and is very thick, soft, creamy as well as being sticky. It's a very sweet and tasty honey indeed. It's syrupy, thick and rich in golden honey flavour. Although sticky it pours out smooth and it is also smooth on the knife when spreading it. It makes a stunning topping for toast, this is the easier option for spreading too because if the honey is squirted onto fresh bread this makes for a fight with your slice as the sticky and thick honey makes it so easy to rip the bread to shreds.
This honey, squirted on a buttered french stick too makes a stunning dessert. Being such a thick and sweet honey it's very filling and most definitely satisfies a sugary craving.
This is a definite must for anybody who likes honey anyway or who gets alot of sugary cravings as this would definitely put a stop to them!
Summary: A sweet tasting honey!
More reviews in the field of Spread
- Its got to be crunchy all the way
- Cheaper than branded butter, but just as tasty
- Dairy free spread
- golden syrup
- hartleys jam
- thick crunchy peanut butter
- Bland and lifeless - unfortunately this is just the best of a bad bunch
- This Won't (Quite) Cost the Earth
- Why do you build me up...Butter me up!!
- Bien Manger Quartet Of Jams Set
- Verfeuille Chestnut Delicacies
- Verfeuille Caramelised Onion Jam
- Verfeuille Blueberry Jam
- Verfeuille Blackberry Jam
- Sharwood's Indian Mango Chutney
- Epicerie De Provence Violet Jam
- Epicerie De Provence Poppy Flower Jam
- Confiture A La Lorraine Maison Dutriez Seedless Whitecurrant Jam
- Confiture A La Lorraine Maison Dutriez Seedless Redcurrant Jam